Last weekend we went camping in the Arches with some great friends! We had a wonderful time even if we did have a day of some pretty crazy wind. (Have I mentioned I really like our trailer!)

The kids wanted to go to a place called sand dune arch! They loved it cause of all the sand! A kids paradise!
Charly spent most of the time asleep as you see her crashed on Ryan's back.

Here we are up on top of Sand Dune Arch! Yep Mom's up there too! See I enjoy a little rock climbing, although I was wishing I had some better shoes;)


Speaking of shoes the kids removed theirs as soon as they saw all the sand!

The boys picking up garbage after wearing a hole by dragging the bag.

The main reason for going last weekend was because of the full moon. We wanted to do a
moonlit hike to Delicate Arch. We jimmy rigged a way to pack
Charly. It worked really well going in on the way out not so good.

The kids were all AMAZING hikers! I was so proud of all of them besides being a
strenuous hike we were doing it during bedtime so they were double tired but they hiked and hiked and enjoyed themselves all along the way.

OK the moonlight hike to the arch was lots of fun but because it was kind of overcast it wasn't near as bright as we were hoping and even with the flash this is how the pictures of it turned out.

Here's another picture though that I lightened. Can you see the arch? It's the famous Utah arch known as Delicate Arch.

Here are all the kids that hiked with us we are up on top looking at the arch!

Yep see proof Mom is there and even smiling;)

Ry and I hiked down closer to the arch and got some better pictures.

Ry was a bit nervous when he realized how high up we were.

The next day we spent most of the time at camp but the kids (and Dads;)wanted to try out some repelling. Here is Matt and
Kenzi going down the starter very small "cliff."

The girls got
ambitious and wanted to try a bigger one. Here is Missy attempting.

Here is Missy telling Dad it's not going to work and she isn't ready to go down the big one.

Dad pulled her back up.

And showed them how safe it was. But they had done enough repelling for one day. I was proud of them for trying.

We had a great time and were very glad we went! NO cell phone coverage and lots of beautiful landscape we hope to go back again soon!

Packing up to go home! If you notice the poles Ry is packing one is very bent we had some pretty good wind but after all how else do you think the arches formed;)
12 comments:
Very Cool, Wow id be too scared to walk out there in the dark. (I think that has something to do with people scaring the living daylights out of me in the dark) Looks like great family fun, and nice that you have a trailer too.
wasn't that arch destroyed a while back??
Love ya
Jinnie
Well you know we had lots of flashlights. And also you know I had nothing to do with scaring you my sisters did it to me too ;) And nope that arch was still there standing tall!
I am so jealous. We would have loved to have been there. I love hiking by moonlight, as long as I have a good headlamp with extra batteries (just in case). We have not been outside as much lately hoping to make up for it this weekend. It might be time to look into a baby backpack. I think that Ryan and Charley would really enjoy it (just a thought). Love you all.
Ta
awwww Tam I know it wasnt you, thoes two were soooo mean :)
You take such great pictures. We did have a good didn't we. You have the pictures to prove it! It was so fun, I can't wait to do it again.
Lova ya
Looks like a blast~! Very very cool family trip!!! I love Charly's carrier...quite ingenious. You know you guys are welcome to use ours anytime...too bad you didn't just keep it after your cruise...I am certainly not needing it anytime soon! But maybe Charly is too big for it now anyhow?
Jinnie...will you ever forgive us about the boat steering wheel moving by itself in the dark trick? I suppose that I should be completely and totally sorry about ever being involved in doing an awful thing like that to you. ;)
You must admit it makes great memories. AND I am not thinking Tam is as clean in the whole scheme as she is making herself out to be! ;) Although she was more often the not the one to be trusted on such issues. :)
Love you all, EM
P.S. I love your nose in the profile shot of you. You have ALWAYS had such a nice nose! (*single tear) :)
Yeah Em but don't you love that big vein going up my forhead!?
VERY VERY VERY VERY COOL New Blog Header!!!!! You are a natural photo editing genius!
VERY SUPER WORK SISTA!!!
Love ya tons, EM
I love the new blog look guy's. it looks AWESOME!!!
AWWWW Em. i love you guy's so much I know it was all in fun and yes it makes great memories.
Love Etha coyote :)
I also love the look of your new blog. If it will let me comment, I will do so whenever I get a chance to grab the computer for a minute. It was so good to see you guys for a few minutes the other day. We miss you much when we don't see you often. You said on Ems blog that Charly had been sick....Is she better, I sure do hope! Love the pictures of your adventure to the arches. You will all remember that one for ever, except for Charly, and she will love the stories and pictures. I sure do love you all!
It looks like an awesome trip. Did you get your stamp while you were there? It's sad I've lived in Utah and never been. It's next on my list. It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment