Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Salsa, and our sweet girls!

Well we were able to put our yummy garden peppers to use cause good ol' Gramps gave us lots of yummy tomatoes from his garden! I was able to whip up a bunch of fresh salsa by using my wonderful Blend-Tec! I would just pulse the blender so there would still be chunks cause we like our salsa that way.

Here is a recipe I got from my Blend-Tec book.

Thick and Chunky Cilantro Salsa

1/2 medium onion

1/2 cup cilantro

1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper

Directions: Place ingredients in jar in order as listed and secure the lid. Press the Pulse button 3 to 5 times or until ingredients are chopped.

Add:

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp vinegar

5-7 Roma tomatoes - quartered

3 drops Tabasco sauce

3/4 tsp salt

Directions: Press the Pulse button 5 times or until salsa is blended to desired consistency.

Missy thought it was pretty good but she said she liked mine better. I thought both were pretty tasty of course I just love salsa! Here is my "general" recipe modified to make quickly in the blender.

Missy's Favorite Fresh Salsa

1 large onion quartered

1 small green bell pepper seeded and quartered

1 small bunch of fresh cilantro

2 fresh jalapenos with seeds removed

Place ingredients in order into blender secure lid and press the Pulse button 3 to 5 times.

Add:

Zest and Juice of 1 large lime or 2 small ones

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp Mexican seasoning

Fill blender the rest of the way with Grandpa's very yummy garden tomatoes quartered. Put on lid and press the pulse button until salsa is blended to desired consistency.


Charly has been teething like crazy the past couple of weeks and has been pretty fussy, she also fell out of the wagon on Saturday she got a bloody nose and bruised her nose and lip. They are about better now, but made her pretty irritable for a couple days. But in spite of it all she still can't help but make us smile. . . . .

. . . . . and laugh! Below is a little video Missy and I took video of her saying some words and just being cute. I hope it works I have never tried to do video this way;)

4 comments:

Felisa said...

K that was an adorable video of Charlie. I like how she calls Curt...Durt! That salsa looks most delish, I'll definitely be trying that one. We LOVE salsa around this house.

Love ya like a baby loves their new vocabulary

Emily said...

Yippeee! I love the video. It is ALMOST as good as seeing her in person. I love how she likes to wiggle her lower jaw and show all of her beautiful pearly whites!!

She is adorable.

I love that you guys get fresh tomatoes after summer. Another reason to move close! ;)

Love ya tons, Em

Nelson Family said...

Great pictures and video. I'm gonna have to learn how. You two bloggers are hard to keep up with. Charly is so cute and smart!

Ruckman Clan said...

I love the video. It is so much fun to watch her talking. Thanks so much for sharing. It feels like we are a little closer.

The salsa looks great