This is lots of fun we hope everyone will take the quiz and post their results in the comments! Knowing your love language can really help all who know and love you to help you feel loved by them!
A little background: We read The 5 Love Languages book a few years ago and found it very helpful with not only our relationship but also other relationships in our life. Like our children, family and friends etc. Below are our results! Ryan's is first mine second. Look at them carefully! Can you see why we found it helpful in our relationship? We were struggling a little trying to help the other person feel loved. When I would say things like, "Oh Ryan I miss you!" He would take it as, "Your work too much, you always work too much nag, nag, nag, nag nag!" And when he would come home and want lots of hugs and kisses I would think......well you can imagine what I would think! When really we were just both trying to let the other know how much we loved and cared about them! When we started to understand this I can't tell you the difference it made! It still can be hard to learn the other person's love language! (Remember it can be literally foreign to us)
Also looking at our results you can see why we can be very hard to buy gifts for and don't get into the whole gift giving thing. It's barely even makes it onto our lists it simply ISN'T one of our love languages. Does that mean we don't like to give or receive gifts? No but it is not the way we feel loved or show our love so please don't be offended if we don't get overly excited by gifts or you find our gift giving abilities lacking. It's one language we really need to work on. Also note that when I mention I miss you or when we are together I give you my undivided attention and want to spend lots of time just talking and being together: That is my way of saying I love you! If Ryan gives you a hug and hand shake or even just a pat on the back, know that he thinks your pretty special and loves you lots too!
Ryan feels loved when...
The Five Love Languages
My Primary Love Language is Physical Touch
| My Detailed Results: | |
|---|---|
| Physical Touch: | 12 |
| Acts of Service: | 6 |
| Words of Affirmation: | 6 |
| Quality Time: | 5 |
| Receiving Gifts: | 1 |
Tammie feels loved when...
The Five Love Languages
My Primary Love Language is Quality Time
| My Detailed Results: | |
|---|---|
| Quality Time: | 12 |
| Acts of Service: | 7 |
| Words of Affirmation: | 5 |
| Physical Touch: | 5 |
| Receiving Gifts: | 1 |
About this quiz
Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.



4 comments:
Gotta love them Love Languages! Looks like you and Ry need to spend lots of quality time snugglin' :)
Love you both!
I took the quiz as it was a little different version than I had taken before....same results though. I will certainly agree that reading that book helps you understand not only others needs, but your own. Great idea to share it, Tam! I love and miss you all. Mom and Grandma O.
I like this book alot... I need to re read it though cuz I can't member for the life of me what my love language was! I'm gunna take the quiz right now! ;-)
I LOVE THIS BOOK! One of the better one's I've read on personalities and relationships. I did not know there was an online quiz. How convenient.
Thanks and love ya!!!
Post a Comment