Friday, April 03, 2009

Just some stuff!

I have had this on my to do list all week and now it's Friday and almost dinner time but I am determined to get it done just before I make dinner! We have been cold but busy up here and having lots of fun! Here are the last few weeks of March!

Just a cute picture! Charly fell asleep while coloring ON PAPER on the kitchen floor!

One evening at dinner Curt told me that his shoulders were hurting. The next day I saw this picture and well: Mystery SOLVED!

The kids have been having lots of fun with play dough and it has not been all over the house so I'm thrilled!


Also last month was the annual Pinewood Derby! Can you guess which car is Matt's?


Here's a closer look, he designed, helped Dad cut it out, carved, sanded and painted it on his own!


It had a bad start because they put the stuff to hold the graphite on but didn't get the graphite on until the last race. So It wasn't as speedy as it should have been. But it won the last race!


Charly has finally decided she likes other kids and wants to be social. She LOVES the nursery now and she found this little girl to play with at the Derby!

Just a Thought:
"To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour." ~Winston Churchill~ (quoted by Elaine S. Dalton in the Y.W. Conference)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are such cuties...that Charly is so full of personality...I could just squeeze her.

I love Matt's car! He is such a lit'l stud!

Love you all!

Lindsay said...

So I've decided that your little Charly could fall asleep anywhere! haha she's so dang cute! I've been to a few pine wood derby's.... talk about competative! :-) Glad matt got a win in there!

Amy said...

Hey it was so good to see what you guys have been up to! Jax used the same car as last year go figure! Dad is just sooo busy lately. But tell Matt that his car is awesome and we loved seeing it! Love the playdough and the monkey!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

What fun times. We can not wait to see you all and give hugs and share some time together. I really like Matts car too, and I am glad he had a good time at the derby. Good job, Matt! I am also glad that Charly is overcoming her shyness, as I hope that means more hugs and discussions with Grandma. I love you all and look forward to seeing you soon. Love Mom and grandma O.