Friday, May 08, 2009

Acorns and Oaks

Sorry I have not been posting! We are all well and doing great. But our computer has a virus and I have not been able to download pictures. As soon as we fix it I will quickly try to get caught up on all you have missed! But for now in honor of Mother's Day enjoy this little poem that I love!


I am an acorn
full of potential, in need of nourishing
with sun and soil and rain
I sprout, upward and down

I am a seedling
surrounded by siblings
sending shoots and roots
I explore, grow and expand

I am a sapling
reaching for the sun
tall, trim, flexible
I yearn for more



I am a tree
roots diving deeper and deeper
my canopy spreads
I grow in strength and stature

I am an oak
soaring above the valley
victor over fire and flood
I breathe life to all around me
seasoned, wise
Mostly, I raise acorns


From this book

By Oliver and Rachel DeMille
I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I just finished reading this book!

SO.

GOOD!

Sorry about the virus...maybe pour anti-plague in the C drive? Couldn't hurt.

Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

very profound! It made me think of the analogy about the acorn that you told me on the phone. It was so good to talk to you. I love the pictures, they are beautiful, but how about some family pics? I love and miss you all. Mom

Amy said...

Man, it has been a while since I checked out the blogging world! I'm missed out on a lot. Sorry, I need to be better. Thanks for the poem I love it! I have a book I need to let you read some day. I LOVE it. I ordered one for each of my kids when the time is right. It is about an acorn. I'm so impressed with the knitting. The trees. You are amazing and I love you! I'm so glad your my friend!