Some of you may have thought that with last years elections past that I lost my passion for learning about freedom and The Constitution! That is not so. You may have noticed that every once in a while I add to my "Journey to Uphold and Defend the Constitution" list on the sidebar. This past month I have been reading John Adams! So inspiring! We must NEVER forget the struggles that so many went through to give us our freedom. We must NEVER let it be taken away! With the children I have been reading American History Stories You Never Read in School but Should Have! There are 2 Volumes and they are AMAZING! Very simple to understand but yet they teach so much! They actually used to be some of the American history text books for public elementary schools. I wish they still were! EVERY home in America should have and read these books! Thomas Jefferson said "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be". If you don't have them I encourage you to get them there are lots of little stories in them that would make great bedtime stories they each take maybe 5 minutes to read! And today in honor of the 4th we opened up this and started listening! It sounds like it will be very good and we can't wait to listen to all of it! I love my Country! I love the Founding Fathers! I love our Constitution! God Bless America!
I also thought this was pretty cool! We have been fighting for freedom for a long time! Longer than we can remember! ;) We must always remember that freedom isn't free!
Just a Thought:
“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, that I ought to do. And what I ought to do by the grace of God, I shall do!" ~Edward Everett Hale~
“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, that I ought to do. And what I ought to do by the grace of God, I shall do!" ~Edward Everett Hale~



2 comments:
Bravo Sister! I love your thoughts and I, too, love this wonderful country of ours!
Have a wonderful evenin'!
Tammie, thank you for sharing that. We were out of town for the fourth of July, but I read your blog this morning and listened to the video. So inspiring. Thank you for your wonderful example and for your faith. I love you. Give hugs to all. Mom
Post a Comment