Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Hey I'm already posting August's pictures!

August was a busy, crazy, sickly, fun, life changing, (refer to end of last post;) very different and hard but wonderful month! Here are just a "few" of the highlights!

On August 5th Charly turned 3 and Ry and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary!

I still can't believe how big my "baby" is!


She enjoyed the present opening!


She just loves books and this is a GREAT one!


Curt made her a "cake!"


She got a stroller and and doll to take care of!



Missy and Matt made her a diaper bag!


They used some of Matt's wore out jeans! Very resourceful I thought.


She loves taking care of her baby.


She was not afraid of hot candles this year and blew them right out!


Also in August we met up with the Olive's for a while and had a little reunion.


It was a beautiful place!



And this time we didn't have to worry about the rain! ;)




Bruno dressing up like Elmo!


There was plenty of fun for everyone!



Of course there were also plenty of laughs! Thanks for a great time Fam!


Matt also had a birthday and turned 10 in August!


A clip on lamp for his bunk bed for extended reading time!




Dad got some string to fix his old bow he had when he was a kid!




Matt wanted a "cinnamon roll cake!"


Charly helped blow out the candles!




The bad thing about the warm freshly iced cinnamon roll cake was that it was hot enough to melt the bottom of the candles!



Oh how fast they grow!!!


After it was time for some target practice!



Dad showing how it's done!




Matt thought it was great!



Dad giving more pointers!





He caught on really quick!


Maybe fixing up more then one arrow would be a good idea!







Good Times!
Now just a few fun August pictures I enjoyed!


When I saw this picture I laughed. I can tell you exactly what was going on. One of the boys probably Matt was taking pictures in the morning when he should have been getting his chores done. This look from Missy says it all! This look says, "Stop that right now and get your chores done!" Oh brothers! If looks could kill! ;)



This is probably what else he was doing when he was supposed to be doing chores! ;)



I thought they were cute of my wonderfully creative boy! And he keeps trying to do better about not procrastinating chores! He reminds me of someone I know but we won't get into that!

Just a Thought:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment." ~Robert Benchley

A quote in honor of 9/11 tomorrow:

"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges. I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through." ~Harold B. Lee~


2 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray for your August Post. I love all of your pictures. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up either! But...my how nicely they're growing.

I love, love, love that picture of Missy. Classic.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Great post. We love sharing in your lives through pictures when we can't be there, and it's also fun to see the pictures of when we are together. Those grand "babies" are growing up way too fast, but how sweet and good they all are. I love you all so much. Mom O.