Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Great Getaway!

Our friends Karl and Amy took our kids for a week! (now that's true friendship;) Ryan and I went down to 4 corners area I have always wanted to go see Monument Valley. It was really neat. We then went over to Durango, CO and stayed at a condo there. It was so lovely and peaceful! Ry has always want to go check out Mesa Verde so we did that too! It was a blast! Hope you enjoy the pictures!



They call these the Mittens at Monument Valley!

This is the Elephant.


Can you see the Indian Hogan?



There were some amazing views!














We traveled through a town called Mexican Hat now I know why it's called that!



This was the view out the back deck in Colorado!






This was the view out front!




I managed to find some time to do this!








Ry did most of the cooking and I think he even enjoyed it! I know I did!


Mesa Verde was amazing to say the least!












The cliff dwellings were something else!



















And all the fall colors were just spectacular too!




Hope you all are having a fabulous Fall!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like soo much fun! I love the pictures thansk for sharing! Oh and thanks for sharing your kids too! I love them! They were a joy! Love ya, Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow! So glad you had a good time. That is some beautiful country...I have had the opportunity to travel those areas...those are basically Dads stomping (or should I say trucking) grounds. Unfortunately, in the truck, you only see what you see from the road. glad you got a closer up look. We hope to someday be able to stop and explore, too.
Karl and Amy are truly awesome friends. I know the kids loved spending time at their house, too. Hug everyone for me, ok? Love, Mom

Emily said...

LOVELY!!

All of it.

Glad you had a grand time!

You look Fabulous...by the way!

Love you tons.

Felisa said...

I am SOOO happy that you got to go through COLORADO in the fall! How dang lucky can you get. Mesa Verde is awesome...next time you'll have to take the kiddos. ;) And what an amazingly awesome friend Amy is to keep the kids for you.

themayerfamily said...

wow! That's a place in the middle of nowhere! I taught school there for a few days. It's got some amazing history. Glad you guys got away.