Monday, February 26, 2007

Last Week!

Last week we had the enjoyment of having Uncle Mike and Aunt Gay come spend a few days. The kids think they are so fun and were very excited when they heard they were coming!


We just LOVE to have visitors!!!! (hint, hint;)


I have been working on some early Spring cleaning! Cause once Spring gets here and the weather is nice I want to be outside not stuck indoors cleaning. So Charly is here helping my sort some toys and stuff!


A while back I mentioned that Ry was working on putting in a fireplace in our basement! Well this pic with Curt was taken back in October just as he was starting on it.


Well soon after that he had it going so it was no longer cold in the basement!



We bought tile a while back but between trips, and extra kids, and work it had not been put on. A week ago Saturday he finally got all the tile cut and ready and then this past Saturday he got it all on!


Next Saturday he plans to do all the grout and then all the tile work will be done and he will just have the wood working part to go, i.e. the mantle and molding etc. Isn't it looking nice! I think he is doing a great job for his first tile project!

5 comments:

Felisa said...

I am MOST IMPRESSED with Ry's work. That looks SO GREAT!!!

Can't wait to come visit ya someday!

Love Ya Like a Warm Fire!

Ruckman Clan said...

I always new that my brother had talent. The fireplace looks great way to go. I sure wish that we cold set around the fireplace together and enjoy the last of these winter nights.

You always light up my day. Love ya like the glow of a warm fire.

Anonymous said...

I love that fireplace ! Maybe Ry could do some moonlighting building fireplaces...since he has nothing else going on. It really looks nice!And from the looks of the weather reports up that way, you will be able to put it to good use.
I love the pictures...the one of Charly "helping" mommy with the cleaning is so cute. She is getting so grown up. Tam, it looks like you cut your hair, didn't you? You all look wonderful...more pictures please?? Love you all

Emily said...

WOW! He is a blasted natural! That is somethin' special! Looks wonderful! So does your hair! Did you do it yourself? Such a talented bunch! How fun to have a cozy fireplace to sit and cuddle in front of with a cup of hot.....carob!;)

My love for you is hotter than a blazing brisket!;) EM

Nelson Family said...

Ryan the fireplace looks great! That tile job is professional. We have a blog now, but it's not as cool as yours! It's www.steveandgena.blogspot.com
This is fun to see your pictures and keep updated!
Gena