Tuesday, May 29, 2007

All's Well in Zion ;-)

For Memorial Day Weekend we took off and got out of town! We met up with friends and they came along with us! It was so much fun! We also got to see quite a bit of family. WHAT LUCK!


The first night we crashed at Ry's brother's house. Charly was tired and decided Uncle Steve had a relaxing influence;)



She could hardly keep her eyes open.



Soon she was sound asleep, we need him around more often!



The next day we were off to Zion's National Park!




We first went through the tunnels, the kids thought they were pretty neat! I remembered really liking them when I was a kid!





Waiting for the shuttle!




It was a beautiful day almost too hot we are glad we went when we did!



Dad the Pack Mule! He has the back pack, Curt, and Charly on front! Good thing Curt only rode piggy back long enough for this picture. He was a great little hiker! It's still amazing what Ryan can pack though!



We hiked up to where the Narrows comes out!


And cooled off in the river!



It was beautiful and lots of fun!




I think it would be fun to come see in the fall also, maybe we will!



Curt posed and asked me to take this picture of him. I don't know if you can tell but his bum is all dirty from sliding down the rocks AFTER playing in the river.


FUN FAMILY TIMES!




A very magnificent place!



A couple of cute little hikers!




Matt and Jax sliding on rocks!






Having a great time!






Look what we saw! We also so some wild turkeys and their babies, chipmunks, lizards, and lots of different kinds of pretty birds.





While we were gone we Curt had his fifth birthday! It's hard to believe he is FIVE already!


























He was very excited!





We had lots of fun visiting with those who were able to come! Thanks so much!


Friends and cousins had a great time playing with the bubbles he got.


It was so much fun to see family and spend so much time with our dear friends. We were so glad they could come! We had such a great time we wish we could have stayed longer!

4 comments:

Felisa said...

Love all the scenic pix! It looks like you guys had a great time! That beautiful scenery makes me wanna go check it out. Love ya tons, miss ya tons, hope to see you sooN!!!

Emily said...

I love those pictures of Charly with Steve....that is so cute! Not fair that she gets all cuddly with him....but cute! ;)

Loks like you guys had a blast at Zion! I love all the pictures! I am glad that Curt had a good B-day. Sorry we didn't make it to the big shin-dig! We were thinkin' of you all and dreaming of the goodies you were eatin' without us! ;)

Love ya tons, Em

Ruckman Clan said...

I am glad that Curt had a great birthday. Zion in one of my favorite places on earth. I am glad that you got to enjoy it.

Love you all
Tanya

Nelson Family said...

We were glad you could come visit and had a great time in Zion. Seeing those pictures reminds me how beautiful it is. I need to go back again.