I'm sure you're sick of hearing about our basement; but really it's been top priority around here lately. We want to at least get the bedroom done ASAP so we can get all the stuff out of the family room. Last week Ry put the shelving in the closets and on Saturday morning the kids and I started painting them while Dad went to the airport to fly to Reno for a business trip to Tahoe.
Even though she is eating lot of food now she still nurses lots especially at night and right now cause she's trying to get more teeth. She's not the best sleeper anyway but when she is trying to get more teeth she's horrible. It seems like we were up more than asleep the past few nights. We are getting desperate (she even tried to see if a paintbrush would make a good teether) we feel like we have tried everything. My guess is she won't ever sleep clear though the night until she is weened. Even that is easier said than done since it was her only source of food the first 10 months of her life. Not that I'm complaining I'm very grateful she has been so healthy and thriving on just Mother's milk. It was a blessing I know I take for granted! But now it's more of a soothing thing than for nourishment. So we are tapering off and hoping to be done with it by spring.
P.S. This week I have moved stuff into the closets, we just need the carpet down and the bedroom will be finished!! Then we just have to do the tile in the Laundry/Bathroom.



5 comments:
It's looking great! I know how exciting it is to get so close to finishing. Charley still is cute even if she keeps you up all night.
Weaning by Spring?? Man you are in for the long haul...unless of course you meant Fall! ;)
How cool that your basement is getting closer all the time!
I am sure once that girl is weaned she will be a great sleeper....that is what both of mine did. 18 months of up several times a night...to sleeping the night through...it seems to almost happen overnight! ;)
Love ya like a good nights rest, Em
Oh, That brings a lot of memories to mined,when i was painting my rooms.But you have lots of help.Keep it up.You will enjoy when its done.
You guys are troopers!!! THREE CHEERS FOR THE BASEMENT! Been there, tried to do that...didn't quite happen. But hey, I'm glad to see yours coming right along.
Give those good helpers hugs from us!
Love ya like a long nights sleep!
she is so cute! But I know as parents how much cuter she is when she is sleeping!
That basement will be so awesome when its done. And it has been a great family work project. You guys are great parents to be patient and let the kids help. They are growing up so nicely and becoming great people. Love you all. Mom
Post a Comment