Tuesday, November 06, 2007

No Trick, No Treat. . . .

. . . . But we always seem to have a great time anyway and love our simple family traditions!

We cleaned out


and carved pumpkins!



We also made our traditional Dinner in a Pumpkin!


Dressing up is always lots of fun! Here is Missy with her other Witch friend and "Sherlock Holmes!"


And lookey here Peter Pan and Captain Hook!



A pretty cute bunch don't you think!


Charly especially liked the little giraffe that was at our party!


The force was especially strong that night! ;)


We "bobbed" for homemade whole grain ;) doughnuts on a string!


It was all very exciting!

Just a Thought: "Home life, proper teaching in the home, parental guidance and leadership- these are the panacea for the ailments of the world and its children. They are the cure for spiritual and emotional diseases and the remedy for its problems. Parents should NOT leave the training of children to others." ~Spencer W. Kimball~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute costumes and fun times! Sure would love to have seen them all for real, but thank heaven for pictures. They are all so sweet. Do we already have the donut recipe, or are you going to share it??? Great, profound thought from Pres. Kimball! So true it is! Can't wait to see you in two weeks!!

Tammie said...

Actually a friend made and brought the doughnuts. But I'm sure I can get the recipe from her. They were tasty! Like I told ya mom that yummy homemade bread and rolls etc. I really want to learn to get good at. But it will take some practice. Luckily I have some friends that are quite accomplished at it.

Emily said...

Oh Cute! I love the kids costumes...they all look so darling!!
I especially like Matt's vest! ;)
I am so glad you folks are all feeling well and I hope you stay that way!!

Love the quote!

Love you like healthy doughnuts,
Em

Nelson Family said...

It looks like a fun Halloween! Sorry I have been slacking with the blogging lately! I'll try to be better!

Amy said...

Hey guys! Looks like you had great fun on Halloween! The costumes are adorable. Your party looks like so much fun! I am going to make the dinner in a pumpkin for Thanksgiving because are our diet we haven't made much around here! I hope we get to see you soon. Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you guys! Love ya, Amy