Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy, Happy, Happy!

I would like to contest the winner of the B-U-T contest held recently.
This picture is proof that the true winner was totally overlooked! I cannot reveal my sources for obtaining this photograph, but is all I know I can't help but smile and even laugh right out loud when ever I see it! A definite WINNER!!!
Dad thanks so much for being so wonderful! You have the best attitude of anybody I know! You are such a great example of faith, dedication, strength, love, and most of all HUMOR! I sure love you for that! Happy Birthday Sweet Daddy-O!!
Love you more than I can say!

The other day I came across this. It couldn't help but make me happy! I'm sure your wondering what this is a picture of and why is it in the bathroom. Well the stuff on the toilet is a little mini planetarium that teaches about the stars and constellations. The rocking chair I'm sure was put in there to sit on while the kids did some "studying!" Why in the bathroom you ask? I bet you can guess, It's the only room that is dark during the day! It makes me so happy that my kids love learning about all sorts of things and that it feels like nothing more than play to them yet they are learning so much! I love it!

Now I'm just really happy that this project is very near completion! We have the tile down on the floor. All that is left is to tile the shower, finish baseboard, set the toilet and sink and our basement is COMPLETELY finished! YIPPY!

By the way it looks beautiful Ry did an awesome job!

Just a Thought: ". . . Because of the long history of hostility upon the earth, many feel that peace is beyond hope. I disagree. Peace is possible. We can learn to love our fellow human beings throughout the world. Whether they be Jewish, Islamic, or fellow Christians, whether Hindu, Buddhist, or other, we can live together with mutual admiration and respect, without forsaking our religious convictions. Things we have in common are greater than are our differences. Peace is a prime priority that pleads for our pursuit. Old Testament prophets held out hope and so should we. The Psalmist said, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." "He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth." ~Russell M. Nelson~

Read the entire talk HERE!

Happy Thanksgiving and love to each of you!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where in the world did you get that picture. I must say, he is one B-U-T iful dude! Those kids are so cute....I remember when you guys used our bathroom for a "dark room". It does come in handy to have a windowless room. Love you all a ton!

Emily said...

Now I know where we all get our good looks! :)

I love that your kids are learning so much and have such good imaginations....keep up the good work!

Love the quote, as usual!

Love you, Em

Nelson Family said...

That is awesome to see them excited about learning! Your bathroom tile looks great too! It was good to see you for a little while over the weekend.