Monday, January 28, 2008

In Honor and Loving Memory!

Our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night.


Ry and I heard the news on the radio alarm clock when it woke us up this morning. It took me by surprise only because he seemed so strong and invincible. He was of course 97 years old


and I'm sure very anxious to see his sweet wife who passed away back in April of 2004.

I can only imagine their happy reunion and all the work they are continuing to do! They were such great examples of faith, love, and optimism not only to the church but to the entire world! I am sad that my younger children will probably not remember them, but I can still share their teachings! We also have some of these pictures displayed in our home and will for many years to come!
Thank you President and Sister Hinckley we love you both so much!


"The family is eternal. Love must be nurtured. It must be spoken. We must put away our pride, our haughtiness, our shyness, our misunderstandings, and with humility say, "I love you. Is there something I can do to help you?" You can never be completely happy under any other circumstances."
"You have two choices in life. Laugh or cry. I choose to laugh."~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

"The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth, and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow. We have nothing to fear. God is at the helm."

"The Lord would want you to be successful. He would. You are His sons and His daughters. He has the same kind of love and ambition for you that your earthly parents have. They want you to do well and you can do it.” ~Gordon B. Hinckley~

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful prophet and wife. I add my love of the prophet to yours and pray that we will follow their examples and endure faithfully (and busily) to the very end of our mortal existence.

Thanks Tam for taking the time to write this!

I love you all, Em

Anonymous said...

I also appreciate your taking the time to post that beautiful tribute to Dear President and Sister Hinckley. I feel such joy for them to know that they are united again, but I can't help but feel a huge void knowing that he is gone from us. We will miss his wonderful spirit, his optimism, his sense of humor, his amazing leadership...just him! What an amazing man and great prophet! I send my love to all of you. Mom and grandma O.

Anonymous said...

Tam, As we browsed a little more in depth into the video exerpts from the You tube slide show on Pres. Hinckley, we were appalled to see the way he was defiled by the media and by outspoken fanatical people who felt it necessary to defame his character, apparently to prove the church is false. I guess we have to learn to take the negative with the good. I can handle it with Mitt Romney (the e-mail about how he is apostate because he wants to avoid making religion the issue in his campaign for president..also a You tube program), but not with President Hinckley. I still love the slide show, though, and appreciate so much your sharing it. It is so touching, especially the photo of the Prophet and his son and daughter at sister Hinckleys funeral. When I look at that, I feel so glad that he was able to go on and be back with her. He lived such an amazing life of service. Thank you for sharing! I love you, and I appreciate so much your desire to do right. Love always, Mom