Thursday, January 03, 2008

Our Christmas and New Years!

But first does a year really make much difference?

Well you just look and see, the above picture was taken
January 2007!

And this one was taken just a few weeks ago in December 2007!

I can see a few differences how about you?

Our Christmas was wonderful as usual! The boys spent lots of time crafting! In the picture they are working on a paper "ginger bread" house, also do you like the paper candle on the table that Matt made!?!


I thought the basketball court was very cool!


Ry had his share of bad luck last month for some reason! Chipping his tooth was just another one of them.


On Christmas Eve the children put on a wonderful Christmas play!


I thought they did a FANTASTIC job!


They came up with everything on their own, costumes, dialog, and even songs! It was a very touching rendition!


Missy played Christmas songs on the piano while we sang!


We loved having some family around to spend Christmas with us it was so much fun!


Christmas morning we woke up to even more snow and Charly was happy to see diaper rash ointment in her sock ;)

Matt soon got involved in building with all his new building toys! Do you like his helicopter?


Or what about his Ferris wheel? He has built tons of things and even got a video of his spinning robot but it was taking to long to download so I will have to try editing before posting it.


For New Years we loved having our really good friends come spend some time. We had a fun time even if we don't look like a very lively bunch!

We can't believe another year has come and gone! We have had a great year and did lots of fun things I need to get busy and work on some slide shows of the past year I think we will be surprised at how much we actually did and how much everyone has grown and learned.

P.S. I had lots of fun in the kitchen during the holidays and managed to come up with some really yummy "healthified" things. Some were dinner rolls, peanut brittle MMmmmMMmm, peanut butter fingers, cinnamon rolls, lentil soup and probably something I'm forgetting. Don't worry as soon as I get them typed up I will post them. In fact I'm hoping to get a recipe blog up and going this year that will have all my recipes organized! There is just nothing like healthy home cooked food made with love!


Just a Thought: "As long as our government is administered for the good of the people, and is regulated by their will; as long as it secures to us the rights of persons and of property, liberty of conscience and of the press, it will be worth defending."
~Andrew Jackson~

Oh make it two: "Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself." ~John Wooden~

5 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas! Love those theatrical children of yours.

What the.....how on earth did Ryan chip his tooth??? POOR GUY! Hope 2008 is a little nicer to him! ;)

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on your recipes! Myra always says that you are the very best cook ever....*sigh*
Wish you were closer! :)

Love ya tons,Em

Anonymous said...

I have been out of the circuit this past week, because Daddy O. has been home and we have been cleaning and organizing!. That means I haven't had time to spend on the computer. I loved seeing the pictures of your Christmas and new years. It is amazing to see how the little ones grow so fast. I almost can't call your older kids the little ones anymore, can I? They are getting so grown up. They are getting more creative all the time. I hope this Granny gets to see their creations soon.
Tell Ryan we love him and hope his little unlucky streak has ended. Please be careful, Ry!
We are anxiously waiting for your recipes to be posted. We are even more anxiously hoping we will see you soon. I love you all. Mom and Grandma O.

Felisa said...

What a wonderful Christmas Blog! The kids love seeing the Ginger-paper house ;) Your kids are so creative and expressive. All I can say about Ry's tooth is..."YYYEEEEEOOOOOWWWW!" Hope you put the lil chip under your pillow. ;)

Love ya all snooodles and noodles!!!

Nelson Family said...

It looks like a great Christmas & New Year's! I LOVE Rascal Flatts too. Good choice of music. Caleb had a great time with you last weekend. Thanks for letting him come. He sure loves his cousins.

Ruckman Clan said...

Christmas is an amazing season. I am so glad that you had a great time. Family and Christmas go hand in hand. I sure wish we could have seen you during hte holdiays. I hope to see you soon. Sorry to hear about Ryan tooth. I hope he was able to get it fixed.
Love ya
Ta