Sunday, August 03, 2008

Our Camping Trip!

BUT FIRST.....

.......a really cute "pioneer" girl......

NAPPING!

Now our camping trip! We took off on the 24th of July weekend. Not knowing where we were going and with no reservations!


We had heard of a place with lots of camping but not actual camp grounds that people just go find a place, pull up and camp! It wasn't far off the main road but it felt like the middle of nowhere! We loved it we had a HUGE area all to ourselves!


And we had a lovely relaxing time!


It was so nice just to get away and be together with a campfire and everything!

We even tried making some tinfoil dinners OUR way! They turned out pretty tasty! (I'll be sure to post them on my recipe blog when we have the "perfected!")


Matt loved sawing the wood for the fire!


The girls are enjoying their dinner!



MMMmmMMMmmmMMmmm! Nothin' like cookin' outdoors!



The boys enjoyed it too!


We had room for baseball, horseshoes and badminton!



Charly wants to get in on some catching too!


There she has a mitt! ;)



The kids enjoyed the hammock!


Charly enjoyed playing on the front of the trailer. She spent a good half hour just playing up there like that!


Notice how her shirt is around the pole?


It caused a bit of a problem when it came to getting down! It was funny to watch!


The whole fam in all our camping glory! ;)


Pink hat and all! (don't ask me it's what she packed ;)



Great Memories!

And stuck AGAIN!


The sunsets were beautiful!


And I enjoyed ever minute of them!



So Peaceful!


Can you see Missy in this one?



And this one!


Yeah we took a lot of sunset pictures you are only seeing some of our favs!


A game of badminton!



The trailer! Love the trailer!


Okay these last few pictures are of some animal tracks!

Do we have some guesses on what kind tracks they are?


What do you think?

Just a Thought:
Ryan posted on his blog! I know he goes in spurts and is not very predictable but even with all that if you could just leave him a little comment I would be most grateful! Even if you don't read the whole thing ;) I know it will be just the motivation he needs to be more consistent! Thanks and don't tell him I put you up to it! ;)

6 comments:

Emily said...

b4 I forget I'm gonna take a shot at the tracks....Beaver, Goose and snake! :) Hmmmm... Looks like you guys had a splendid time. I love ALL the pictures! And I love Missy's pink hat. There is nothing like making a fashion statement while camping with the fam! Tell her I love her loads!!

Can't wait to camp with the whole crew soon....and ummmm...we'll pay you guys to be the camp chefs??!!

Love you tons, Em

Nelson Family said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I think trailers are great. They make it easy to get away fast. The boys are doing great here. We're having lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

We were off traveling, as you know on your birthday, and just got home late Saturday. It was so fun to look at your pictures. So glad the camping trip was a success, and we are looking forward to more of the same with the whole darn clan. I will be calling you tomorrow if you are home, cause I want to talk to you, and see if Charly will talk to me for her big day. I sure do love you all more than tons. Mom and Grandma O.

themayerfamily said...

That sounds so fun. The area looks wonderful. Lots of people used to do that when I worked in Beaver--just camp wherever. You can technically stay in one place for 16 days. I love trailer's too. Every time I see the old airstream, beat up as it is, I think about good memories from when I was younger. Your kids are adorable!

Felisa said...

K, FISHIN IN THE DARK...the Dirt Band!!! ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS. I am so glad you love the trailer. Cause when we were kids, them trailers didn't seem to agree with your tummy much. ;) It looks like you guys had a real, down to earth, relaxing blast! FUN FUN FUN!

Amy said...

Tam,

Oh, how I wish we could have been there! It looks like just the thing I need! We still don't have a working camp trailer! We sure would have loved to have been with you guys. Looks like a beautiful place!

Love you guys, Amy