Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fishing and Family Home Evening Treat!

Just over a week ago Ryan went to San Diego for a work promotion fishing trip. He said he had a good time. Here are a few of the pictures he took!

That's a Pelican I think!

That must be the bait. This is deep sea fishing stuff!

One of the fishing boats!


Ry with the Golden Gate Bridge behind him!




Someone caught a tiger shark!


He said there were sail boat races going on around them!


Very close around them it appears!


A Submarine!


A Battleship!


A happy fisherman. He was gone three whole days I was happy when he got home!




This past Monday for Family Home Evening we tried a "new treat!" I finally found the address to a Asian Market near us and had Ryan pick up some young Thia coconuts! We used the "water" inside them for smoothies! Coconut water is so good for you and I love the way the smoothies make me feel! The young meat of the coconut is soft and kind of gelatinous and makes some really great pudding! Don't worry when the recipes are perfected I will post them on my Simple, Healthy, Tasty blog!

Dad poking a air hole to get the "water" out!

We have also been reading a book called "Call it Courage" It's about a boy who lives alone on an island for a while. He made himself bowls out of coconut shells.

The kids decided they would have their pudding in the coconut shell bowls! Here they are with them all scraped out!


Ryan just after he "easily" split one apart!


The kids eating their "chocolate" pudding in their bowls! MmmmmmmMMmmm! It'd say it went over well!

Charly even appears to be enjoying it!

What do you think? ;)

Just a Thought:
"We must do our duty, whatever that duty might be. Peace may be denied for a season. Some of our liberties may be curtailed. We may be inconvenienced. We may even be called on to suffer in one way or another. But God our Eternal Father will watch over this nation and all of the civilized world who look to Him. He has declared, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”. Our safety lies in repentance. Our strength comes of obedience to the commandments of God.
Let us be prayerful. Let us pray for righteousness. Let us pray for the forces of good. Let us reach out to help men and women of goodwill, whatever their religious persuasion and wherever they live. Let us stand firm against evil, both at home and abroad. Let us live worthy of the blessings of heaven, reforming our lives where necessary and looking to Him, the Father of us all. He has said, “Be still, and know that I am God”.
Are these perilous times? They are. But there is no need to fear. We can have peace in our hearts and peace in our homes. We can be an influence for good in this world, every one of us."
~Gordon B. Hinckley~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the fishing trip seems to have been a great time, and he did not get seasick...I am so impressed. I have never met anyone who said they went deep sea fishing and did not get queasy.
Love the pictures of the kids and their coconut bowls. How grown up they are all getting. I sure am glad I'll get to spend some time with them soon. The pudding looks yummy. I must learn the art of using the young coconuts..mainly breaking into them is what I have problems with.
I love that thought. I think it is one that we all much need today and every day. thanks for sharing. I love yoo. Mom and Grandma O.

Amy said...

Oh man! I was so jealus of Ry! Ok not for the deep sea fishing....
but the Golden Gate bridge, seeing that beautiful tiger shark, the battle ship, oh my! How fun! I bet you were WAY glad when he was home! Thanks for sharing the pictures. The pudding looks yummy. I have some coconuts I need to make smoothies and pudding so hurry with that recipe will ya! LOL
Love, Amy

Lindsay said...

How fun would it be to make things you read out of a book! I bet your kids love how creative you are! You seem to make things really fun for them! Way to go!

themayerfamily said...

looks like fun fishing. And the coconut pudding looks delish!

Ruckman Clan said...

I wish I could have gone fishing with Ryan. It looks like so much fun. I love your kids and their minds. Way to have fun as a family. Love ya
Ta

Emily said...

When I first saw Ryan on the boat...I was like...what the devil...they went fishing for FHE and WhErE? THen I started to read.

Looks like you are all doing swell!
LOVE LOVE LOVE those kids and excited to try their treat!
Gotta love them young coconuts...like breast milk without the bother of pumping! :)

Love you tons, Em