With the days shorter and the air colder things are slowing down. I like things to be at a slower pace! You seem to have more time for the things that really matter! We have been reading lots more and doing more book learning in general! Although long cold winters are not my favorite time of year I do love how they almost force you to slow down, take it easy, get cozy, and read a book! And the holidays are just fun. We have tried not to get into the commercial side of it too much. And enjoy lots of fun family traditions of visiting family at Thanksgiving and a quiet Christmas at home (always hoping some friends and/or family will come for a visit)! We recently learned more about the Pilgrims and made turkeys with our hands and Pilgrim hats. And we are coming up with lots of fun plans for the holiday to make it a simple but Very Merry Christmas.
But anyway here is what we have been up to lately!
They took these recently when they were just having a fun time together!
It was quite funny to watch!
I did not think it looked very comfortable! Even with the bubble wrap for a pillow!
All that did was give her bubble wrap face! And no I didn't let her just nap there I took her to her bed but of course I had to get pictures first!
Just a Thought:
"The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts... nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." ~H. W. Westermayer~



8 comments:
Thanks for sharing some of your fun times...I feel like I miss the kids so much not seeing more of them. They are so cute and so creative. Love those costumes and seeing what fun they have together. Charly is so sweet, bubble wrap face and all. That is so typical of her to fall asleep on the table with a bubble pillow. By the way, what were you canning? Just curious! Sure do love every one of you. Love Mom and Grandma O.
Mom, We were canning the dehdrated refried beans.
Your little Charly is hilarious!! She seems to have such a spunky little personality! Adorable pics!
Dang, at first I thought she had choked on something she was eating for lunch. Glad to see it was just an acute case of narcolepsy. What a cute lil stinker.
Now that is my idea of home canning. Great job Ry!
Love ya like a full pantry!
I love the pictures. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love Ya
Ta
This is great! I love that you guys get to have the canner at your house. LUCKEEEE! I tell you what I may bring my stuff and head to your house to can it. It would definitely beat getting elbowed in the gut and pushed out of line by the 106 people waiting to use the single canner our stake owns.
AND I love these pictures. Charly is hilarious. Missy is beautiful...I love her pampered chef shot...she really looks grand. Seriously. AND they boys are as fun as ever!
Keep up the bloggin!
Love you tons, Em
Thanks for sharing! We miss you guys! I can't wait until we get to see you guys again. Charly asleep made me laugh. That is sooo funny.
Love ya,
Amy
Your kids are just adorable... That's some contraption you are canning with.. Hey maybe you can post some canning info on your simple, healthy, tasty blog...
Charly is so darling.. isn't it funny what they do when you turn your back for a few minutes....
I always think babies look so uncomfortable when their heads are flopping over in their carseats and such.. Doesn't ever seem to bother them though!
Post a Comment