Friday, November 21, 2008

Heroes

You know it seems in this day and age of Pro-Sports and Hollywood Icons a Real True Blue Hero is hard to find! But you know I have known or heard of a few in my life. But there is one imparticular that I have known for as long as I can remember.



In fact as a child he was my SUPER Hero I was never afraid when he was around unless of course I had done something wrong! ;) In my mind he could do and fix ANYTHING! I remember many times not being able to sleep at girls camp because of all the "scary" noises outside my tent. I remember thinking, "If he were here I would so not be afraid!"





He is SO smart!!! He's logical, he makes sense, he's a thinker! Believe it or not he's NEVER wrong! At times that has been intimidating but I'm very happy to say that he passed that gift on to me! (If you would like further confirmation of that just talk to Ry! ;) kidding, really I'm kidding)
He's the most giving non-judgemental person I have EVER met! He would do pretty much ANYTHING for ANYONE even a complete stranger or a close next door neighbor!



I know what you're thinking every girl thinks her Dad is her hero but I'm convinced that mine is extra special and much more Heroic than most! And you won't convince me otherwise!!!!!




And you know now that I am grown and have kids of my own I have realized that my Dad is human, he's not completely perfect and you know what........




......to me that makes him all the more HEROIC! I sure love you DaddyO!!!!!!

Oh yeah Happy Birthday!




Birthday Wishes from the kids!

Missy: "I love you, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!"

Matt: "Happy Birthday Grandpa I love you! I hope you have fun today! I'm glad you're my Grandpa!"

Curt: "Happy Birthday Grandpa I love you! I have fun with you! Thank you for being my Grandpa!"

Charly: "What, What, Huh, Grandpa! Where'd Grandpa go! Happy Birthday to You!" (she sang that last part;)

4 comments:

Emily said...

That first picture of our dad....what a handsome beast!!

Well said, sister. He is the BEST!!

Love you tons, Em

Anonymous said...

If it weren't for the pictures, I would have wondered what hero you were talking about. I think you kids are the very best too. I love you all. Dad and grandpa

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, your Dad IS a hero. Love the sweet tribute, love the pictures, and I love the greetings from the kids. Hug them all for grandma and grandpa. I love you. Mom and Grandma O.

Lindsay said...

What a neat post! I can sure tell how much he means to you all! I loved the bubble wraped pictures of Charly too! SUPER CUTE! :-)I hope you all are doing great! I love ya all!