Oh my goodness we have had so much going on the last couple of weeks! It's been lots of fun and now that it has all of a sudden gotten cold we are glad we enjoyed our "Indian Summer!"

One weekend Mom went to a R.S. retreat so Dad and the kids had some fun! They went to their Uncle and Aunts and picked pumpkins from their AMAZING garden! Then Dad took them to a aquarium. In the picture above Matt is "driving" a "boat!"

Here they are getting ready to pet the Sting Rays!

The next day Dad bribed....umm told them that if they got their work done he would get out his old train set and play with it with them. Well it appears they got their work done! ;-)

Then of course the next week for Family Home Evening it was time to carve the pumpkins!

That is no small pumpkin!

The kids had a great time!

Matt really gets into the pumpkin carving!

Both Matt.....

.....and Missy carved their pumpkins all by themselves!

There they are I thought they were pretty cute.....

.......and spooky!

Then well then it was party time! Now I cannot even tell you how many times I hear "What about socialization!?" when people hear we homeschool. Well I hope these pictures will help alleviate some of those fears.

I pretty much just laugh at that question now, it's really not a concern. All the people in these pictures we are quite good friends with and see on a regular basis.

Missy dressed up as Missie, from Love Comes Softly! With one of her good friends!

Here's the kids they all dressed up as characters from a new series of movies that they really like and we highly recommend!

Cute huh!

Now this is actually a DIFFERENT party the next day with MORE friends! Now mind you none of them are the same kids accept for ours of course as in the pictures above!

Lots and lots of fun! And yep socialization we got that covered!

This is actually Halloween night! The boys are playing "Cowboys and Indians!"

Looks like there is a pioneer girl getting into the pantry!

SHE GETS INTO A LOT MORE THEN THAT!
In fact to finish the week off on Saturday night Charly got into the Gentian Violet (it's used for thrush in baby's mouths and also works great on yeasty type diaper rash. Anyway you have heard the saying what we fear we create. Well Saturday we found the violet cause she was having some rash problems and I made the comment to Ryan, "can you imagine if this got on the carpet?" Hummm I so should not have said that!
I think the pictures will pretty much speak for themselves!

It is some PURPLE stuff!

I wasn't really in the picture taking mood but I thought I better do it cause one day I will laugh about it. Actually we were laughing before the night was through.

OK this is a picture of Charly and the Carpet AFTER being cleaned! Ummm yeah! And she had to go to church like that the next morning. At least it was the week of Halloween huh!

Ry scrubbed really hard we had lots of lavender suds. Well in the dark it looked not to bad but when we saw it in the light of day it was still very purple! So does anyone know what gets the violet out?!?!?! Umm I'm bettin' we have to call the pros! And I hope they can help!
11 comments:
Oh no! That is ONE PURPLE BABY!! Ya, I've got no idea how to help. Good luck!
She was a one eyed, one horn, crying purple eating person. Hey, I'm bettin that Sol-U-Mel would do the job. Find a Melaleuca distributor and see if they can hook you up. If not, check Ebay.
And hey, if Obama becomes prez, he'll take care of the Socialization for the entire country.
Love ya like a hubby who wakes up from a dead sleep to clean purple off your carpet.
Oh, that sweet Charly girl! She is just at that perfect age to get into so much MISCHIEF. And so quietly! I'm so glad you kept your sense of humor, and Ryan is such a great guy to scrub so hard. I don't have a clue about getting it out. Now the Mr. Clean sponges worked wonders on the ball point pen, Maybe Mr. Clean liquid would work on the gential violet in the carpet?????
Love the pictures of the kids and their activities, friends, etc. such cute costumes and such fun times. And I have to agree, socializing is no problem for your gang. Love you all. Mom and Grandma O.
oops,I meant gentian violet...but you knew that.(I do have a reputation to uphold) Love Mom
Tammie....NAIL POLISH REMOVER with Acetone works like a charm....SERIOUSLY! BUT, I don't know what it will do to your carpet? Try it on a small spot first. Oh, man....I too have always worried about that. So I keep it locked in a fireproof box, inside a fireproof safe, inside a hidden compartment in my closet wall..Or at least I will now. Yikes!
I love the socializing kids. Yeah, that is definitely a non-issue...at least for us with naturally sociable children. :)
I love the part where Matt is really in to carving his pumpkin.
SOOOOOO CUTE~!
Love you tons, Em
Wow, that sure is purple! I have no idea how to get it out either. It looks like you had a fun Halloween though. I loved the kids costumes.
I love the pictures and the purple little girl. I love dressing up, Charley just took it one step father than I would.
Thanks for sharing.
love ya
ta
Wow Tammie.. I love purple but not necessarily on the baby! yike!
Looks like you all have been having some great fun though..other than the genetian violet.. Love the pumpkins and the costumes!
Curtis,
I like your indian costume. I like your costume Matt, and yours Missy. I like the picture of all of you together.
Caleb
Hey Tam,
I'm surprised you didn't tell me about this little mishap! I am just now reviewing everyones blog after the long week away and I giggled and giggled when I seen this! But, to be quite honest I'm very proud of the humor in which you handeld this situation with! I would have CRIED! AHHHH!
LOL,
Amy
Wow Charly sure was purple! :-) Ugh but having that all over your carpet doesn't look very laughable. Looks like the kids had a great halloween! I loved the pictures, and especially when Matt's heads in the pumpkin! Way cute! :-) miss you all a ton! Tell everyone Hi for me! :-)
Post a Comment