Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First's

First Steps!


Charly has recently learned how to stand and knows that she can do it. She has also taken a few steps on her own but usually gets nervous and sits down.


Now that she has pretty good balance she has been trying new things.

Like climbing;) She also has started to help Mom lots by cleaning out the cupboards on a daily basis. It's so fun to watch her learn and explore. She has gotten really good at climbing up the stairs and often follows us but if we go back down it makes her mad cause she has not quite figured out how to come down. We are trying to teach her so she will be able to go up and down and we won't have to worry about her falling.



The other day she noticed she could push the chair around the Kitchen and walk behind it! She thought that was a pretty good way to get around.

We thought it was just cute!




First Trailer!
We all enjoy camping but Mom has never been big on tent camping. (something to do with being to cold and trekking to the bathroom in the middle of the night;) So we have not gone near as much as we would like to. In fact last year with Mom being pregnant the only camping that happened was the boys going to the father's and son's so we are really ready and anxious for some camping.




So for the past little while we have been searching for a trailer to fit our family. This week we came across this one and snatched it up. (They go fast around here!)

We were all very excited and trying to figure out how soon we can use it! (Even Mom! Camping will be nice with a warm bed and a close potty;)

Yay! Even Charly is excited!



First really good ranch dressing since we gave up dairy;)

I recently came up with this recipe and I know some of you have been wanting it so here ya go! ENJOY!

(NOTE: The picture is of a "Mexican pizza" it is just a whole wheat flour tortilla fried in some olive oil and topped with refried beans, olives, tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and onions, lettuce, Cheezy sauce, and of course the Ranch Dressing!)


Just Like Mom's Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup of Sunflower Seed Sour Cream (recipe below)
1 cup Vegenaise
3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (more if you like it really tangy)
1 Tablespoon Parsley
Chives (optional)
Dill (optional)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/3 teaspoon garlic
salt & pepper to taste I usually use about 1/4 teaspoon of each


Blend all ingredients in blender until nice and smooth. It will be dip like consistency and great for carrot sticks etc. To make more dressing like consistency add some water or rice milk. Also it will thicken a bit in the fridge so keep that in mind.

MMMmmmMMMmmm, CREAMY, & Delicious


Sunflower Seed Sour Cream


1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup water
4+ Tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove pressed or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt


Place ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

5 comments:

Ruckman Clan said...

I can't believe that Charley is walking around. She is so cute I love the pictures of her with the chair. Congradulation on the trailer it will making camping fun and eaiser for everyone. We are looking forward to camping with you in July.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

I would love to be there and see Charly taking those first steps. What a sweet time for a family...that fun passage from babyhood to toddlerhood.

Iam excited about your trailer, I remember the fun of the whole fam going on trips in the ol motor home. great memories!

I will be trying out the ranch recipe very soon. It sounds really good.
See if you can get Spencer and Rene used to it this week, ok? I love you all.

Emily said...

Well this is definitely not the FIRST time I said this....not will it be the last...You have got the cutest family ever! I LOVE that little walkin' girl! She is so totally adorable! Sweet new wheels...I hope it turns out to be everything you ever hoped for (in a trailer) and more! ;)
I cannot wait to try out your ranch! YOU ARE SUPER AMAZING! I hope you come out with A LOT of other firsts in the recipe category this summer! ;)

Love ya loads and loads, Em

Anonymous said...

Charlie looks like a mini Matt, mini Melissa and a mini Curtis rolled all into a one. Amasing!!! Walking already. WOW! Looks like you finally found the trailer you have been serching for. Now pack the bags and pay us a visit.

Nelson Family said...

I know the feeling of cupboards being cleaned out everyday. Before you know it Logan and Charley will be running around together. We can't wait to see your trailer this summer camping.