Thursday, August 23, 2007

Other Things!

The past few weeks I have been purging the house. So far I have done the office, the girls room and closet, the boys room and closet, the kid's bathroom, my bathroom, my closet, and the living room. It's something I do every six months just to keep things more simple and not letting STUFF take us over. However it doesn't make for a very interesting blog (i.e. here's another box of junk for D.I.) But I do have a few pictures of "other things";)

Like last weekend we had a fun unexpected visit from some wonderful friends! It was so nice to see them. They came up to take their oldest to a Space Camp. Missy got to go with them and she had a great time. While they were gone Ryan and the older boys went and helped a widow in our ward move. That left Mom with the four youngest ones the picture is of the 2 baby's Luke and Charly! Lets just say I'm glad I don't have twins.
We had a good time though Luke is such a cute smiley guy!


Charly is so sweet in this picture, Mom well she's just tired;)


Again just so sweet!


She is such a joy!


Hummm can you guess what Ry and Karl did Saturday afternoon? Did I mention what good friends we have. They came up unexpectedly and brought tools to help finish the texture in the basement. Now that's true friendship! We are so blessed!



Monday night for Family Home Evening we all helped scrape the mud off the basement floor so we can hang doors and trim and prepare to paint. It's getting closer to being finished all the time!


It's been so crazy around here Ry has had a lot of transitioning of people at work and it's right in the middle of busy season for him. We should have done the basement during the winter but we were working on the fireplace then cause we really wanted heat;) We are tired but we're managing!

Of course we wouldn't be as tired if our little munchkin would sleep better at night;)


She's trying to make up for it by helping in the basement too! And she has actually been doing pretty good at sleeping this week. We have been trying to get into a regular schedule with her after all our summer travels. We think it's helping she has consistently had a 2 hour nap every afternoon this week (which for her is really really good) and she has been going about 3 to 4 hours at a time during the night we hope to see that get longer and longer.



This week for date night Ry and I went to The Gardens!


So Amazing!



The Butterfly Garden!


We love our weekly date night! It has become a very important thing to us. Even during crazy times we find we do better if we take time for our date. We have been doing one faithfully now for at least two years. We only wish we had started doing them sooner. Helps us remember the US in our family equation. When was the last time you had a date night?

This is little Gerber Baby one morning just waking up after going over 4 hours in her own bed. I was so proud, of course she is signing the sign for hungry just like the other kids it's the first "word out of her mouth" when her eyes pop open.

Just a thought: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. . . Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 12:27)
"I submit to you, that may be one of the Savior's commandments that is, even in the heart of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to this invitation could be any more grievous to the Lord's merciful heart. In this same spirit I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands." Jeffrey R. Holland

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great post Tam! I love that you have such awesome friends. I love that Charly is as photogenic as her mother. I love that you and Ry have a weekly date night. I love how cute you look on your date night! I love how your basement is getting close to being done! AND I love how Charly decided to sleep better this week!

MOST OF ALL.... I LOVE FOOD...I mean YOU! ;)

Em

Nelson Family said...

Great pictures and fun times. Do things ever not seem hectic? That's just part of life I think!

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented forever, but I love looking at the pictures. Thanks for putting a bunch of them up...it brightens my life to see all your happy faces. I can't wait to see you all this weekend for Matts special day. Hope his birthday was great.
We thought about him and how precious he is to us. As are all of you. We are also anxious to see that basement....it looks super! I sure do love you all!

Felisa said...

Happy Late Bday Ta!!! We hope you had a fun one!

Wow what a great blog! Isn't it wonderful to have such amazing friends? Truly, they are the spice of life. I had NO idea you kids were doing a weekly date night for 2 years!!! Sheeesh, we're lucky to do one every 6 months.

Those pix of Charly. What an expressive lil gal she is. Cute as a button!!

Love ya like a field of butterflies!