Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hey Ya'll Look Who Turned Eight!

This past Friday Matt had a "Cowboy Party" in celebration of his eighth birthday!

Aunt Em made him this cool picture and Aunt Ta sent him a cool cowboy card without even knowing he was Cowboying Up at his place;)




This was his cake, we just used the same lemon sauce recipe from Charly's Birthday but we layered it in this cowboy hat and put Graham Cracker crumbs on top.

He had a cowboy boot pinata full of toys.



And. . . . .



Confetti!



What a mess!


When putting the candles on the cake Mom joked about catching a cowboy on fire.


Well the guy on the horse, his gun caught fire. And let's just say Matt blew out his candles BEFORE we sang to him;)


Talk about your "Gun Smoke!"


We were very glad Uncle Denim and Aunt Shauna were able to come, it's so nice to have some family close by. Charly warmed right up to them and would have probably been happy to just go home with them;)

Mom can't believe her little boy is Eight already! (Have I mentioned how time flies;)

Speaking of time flying Charly is running all over the place she is such a character! She is just a goof like her older brother Curt (Durt as she calls him) They ought to have lots of fun in the years to come!

And this well this made you laugh didn't it? ;)

Just some words that express closely how I feel only she says it better than I could;)

"One thing that has really helped me to let go of my conveyor belt ways and stop stressing about the academic side of education was to think of Jayden turning 8. I thought to myself, what are the most important things that I want him to know before this monumental age. I was not surprised when what I came up with was: right, wrong, good,bad, true, false and how to recognize when he is being inspired and that he has a special mission to perform on this earth.
After I realized that these really are the most important things for him to be learning right now, it made me much more confident in myself, as a homeschooling mother, and more confident in the TJEd model. The best way to teach academics is to wait until they are ready! Then they practically do it themselves! "~Rachel Keppner~

5 comments:

Ruckman Clan said...

I am so happy for Matt. Eight is a big age and I am happy that he got to celebrate it with a bang. We wish we could be there this Saturday, remember our prayers are with you. Love always.
Ta

Nelson Family said...

Happy Birthday Matt! I love the cowboy theme and especially the cake! We'll see you this weekend on another special day!

Emily said...

Yee Haw! Looks like ya had a boot scootin' time!;) As for the cowboy theme....great minds think a... LOT or something like that???!!! :)

So excited for Matt and his special number 8!

Cute pics...love your hair Tam!

Love, Em

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration for an extra special 8 year old. Just can't believe that Matt is that old. What cute cowboy ideas. Glad the gunsmoke didn't catch on. I just can't wait to see everyone. Love you all

Felisa said...

Happy Happy Eighth Mr. Matt!!! We are so proud of you and the nice grownup boy you are becoming.

Love the cowboy hat cake! What a creative clan you all are!!!

Love ya like a cowboy loves country music!