Recently the kids decided they wanted to play baseball, so they got a few of the neighborhood kids together and started practicing in the field. They got some cardboard for bases and put big rocks on them to keep them from blowing away.
The day they decided it was time to have a "real game," boys from the houses across the field came and wanted to play Star Wars a little to close to where they were trying to play baseball. They asked the boys if they could move further up the field. (It's a big field) But the boys said their mom's said they had to play there where they could see them. My kids knowing exactly what that was all about knew they couldn't argue with that;) So they asked them if they would like to play with them. Next thing I knew a bunch of little boys were running home to put away their Star Wars gear and get their gloves. They had a great time and spent over two hours playing an "actual" game! They could still use a few more players to fill all the positions but they are having a great time and I won't be surprised if they all end up out there again tomorrow.
OK these are from a while back before we went to Nauvoo. But I thought you would get a kick out of them. One day I noticed the kids had taken one of our twin mattresses and put in on the stairs to the basement. Of course my first instinct was to yell at them and tell them that they were ruining a perfectly good mattress. But it looked like so much fun I couldn't spoil it. So I told them to have fun and that me and Dad wanted to try it when he got home;) But then we were putting it away cause it probably wasn't very good for the mattress.
I also handed Missy the camera and told her to take plenty of pictures!
Dad and I did try it when he got home and it was pretty fun, put Disneyland in some tight competition;) Sorry we didn't get any pictures of us!
Just a Thought:
"We are bombarded on all sides by a vast number of messages we don't want or need. More information is generated in a single day than we can absorb in a lifetime. To fully enjoy life, all of us must find our own breathing space and peace of mind." ~James E. Faust~



4 comments:
Super Cool! I wanna try! Next time we come up we're gonna have to go to DI and get some old cheapo mattress and have a ball! ;) I love the baseball story. Sounds like Sandlot, Matt's gonna be a pro someday! :)
YUMMY PEPPERS! Our plants have been dead for a while now....to hot here for any home grown August goods at our house.
Sure envy your weather....and love those kids!
Em
What a cool mom, I think I would have had them put the mattress away. Your kids are lucky to have such great parents. The baseball sounds great! Kindra would love to be there for the fun.
Have a great day.
Ta
You're gonna have one mad elephant when she figures out that mattress is missing. ;)
You guys look like you've been having lots of summer fun.
What's the deal with your tomatoes? Between the wind, heat, drought, trampling, and tomato worms...ours are pretty much shot! But your peppers loook great!!!
Love ya like a bumper crop!
What a great quote from Faust. Looks like a lot of summer fun is still going on at your house.
Gena
Post a Comment