Monday, March 17, 2008

Soakin' Up Some Sun!

Sorry It's taken me much longer than I thought it would to get to the post of our trip. I did get the kid's bedrooms cleaned last week though that is a pretty good feat!

The first week of our trip was great! It was so nice to be out where the weather was nice and warm. Every chance we got we were outside!

Charly loved chasing bubbles!

Playing baseball was also fun.


Matt had a great idea of making gallon jugs into a fun catch game! (not to mention a pretty spiffy hat;)


Lots of fun and imagination with cousins on the playground!


Dad trying to throw his back out;)







The second week Mom took the kids down to visit family and Dad went to Texas! It was so nice to spend some time and see family, the only drawback was that my two youngest caught the bug that had been going around and were pretty sick for most of the time at Grandma's. We all felt pretty bad about that but everyone is well now and hopefully we will see them all again soon.



When feeling okay Charly managed to convince someone to take her outside! She couldn't reach the pedals but figured out some way to ride the "bike!"


Curt, when he wasn't coughing up a lung, wanted to be outside too! We are still wearing our winter coats outside here. Maybe we should have stayed for the rest of the month ;)




Matt and Uncle Mike enjoyed finding ways to swing from the tree!


This one does not look like the most comfortable way!


And of course Mike took the time to tease Matt that he was going to cut the rope! Well even though we had some sick ones it was still so nice to see everyone. Thanks for having us we wish we could see all the fam a lot more often. I keep telling Ry that Toquerville would be a nice place to live. He says that the commute would be a bit much! What do you think?

Just a Thought:
"Never take counsel of your fears." ~Andrew Jackson~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's good to see the pictures, finally. Congrats on getting the kids rooms done, though! Cute pics of everyone...they don't even look like they were under the weather. It was nice to have you here, even though they didn't feel good. By the way, the popcorn tree is now full of tiny apricots! We should have a nice crop come May. I agree with you about Toquerville...it would be a nice place to live. Maybe Ry could get a lear jet to commute in. Thats what Dad wanted when he had to commute from Logandale to Orem. I sure do love you all. Tell the kids we will look for an alligator to take pictures of on our trip. But not a tornado, I hope!! Love Mom and Grandma O.

Emily said...

So much fun. I had to make a double take look at the picture of the kids with the water jugs, I thought for a second they were in my kitchen?! I was wondering how I missed out on that!? :)

I'm so sad your kids and I were sick, I was looking forward to some quality visiting time with ya. Come again soon. I'm seconding the vote for Toquerville...they must need a PS store there too????

Love ya tons, Em

Nelson Family said...

It looks like fun in the nice warm weather. Too bad we missed you though. Maybe next time.

Amy said...

Kenzi and I are still voting for a move by to Price. lol But we love you and know that you will be where Heavenly Father needs you. You guys have lots of awesome stuff to accomplish....it would be nice if it was in Price though. Love the pictures. Keep them coming.
Love you guys, Amy