This week has been kind of crazy but lots of fun! Matt and Dad have been working for a while now on his Pinewood Derby car. They finally had the race this week.

His car is the black and yellow one!

He got to race the car four times his car took FIRST 3 times and SECOND one time and when all was said and done and everyone had raced he ended up with. . . . .

. . . . . THIRD overall!

He had a great time! And thanks so much to Aunt Shauna who came and helped us out so we could be two places at once, you are the BEST!

Also this week Charly's scheduled has been messed up a bit because of not nursing to sleep. She has not nursed all week and is doing much so much better with the sleeping at night thing. She has only been waking up once in the middle of the night and quickly goes back to sleep.

But naps have been harder to come by this week cause she is having to learn to relax and fall asleep without nursing. So needless to say she has been sleeping while she eats dinner. Talk about your multi-tasker!

It's really quite funny to watch!

It will take some work but hopefully we will get back into a good napping routine. Right now we are just thrilled to be getting some good sleep at night!
Just a Thought:
"This is a part of the temporal gospel in which we believe. May the Lord bless you, my beloved brethren, to set your houses in order. If you have paid your debts, if you have a reserve, even though it be small, then should storms howl about your head, you will have shelter for your wives and children and peace in your hearts. That’s all I have to say about it, but I wish to say it with all the emphasis of which I am capable." ~Gordon B. Hinckley~
4 comments:
Great job on the pine wood derby car, Matt! I like those racing stripes...and it must be fast too, to come in third overall! You and your Dad did a great job. Congratulations!!! It seems like only yesterday that Gramps was working on pinewood derby cars with Uncles Michael and Spencer. Time sure flies, no doubt about it.
Charly is so darn cute. Falling asleep during dinner. And still eating while she sleeps. That is just too adorable. I don't ever remember a little one doing that before. She is growing up fast. I'm glad the nights are getting better, though.
I love the quote from Pres. Hinckley. It is so wonderful to have words of reason and peace from our prophets, even amid the confusion and chaos of this world.
And I know that what they say is the truth. Thanks for sharing. I love you all. Mom and Grandma O.
Matt is getting to be such a handsome young gentleman. GOOD JOB RACING!!
And Charly is adorable. I love love love when kids fall asleep at the dinner table. It seems to be yours that always do it. CUTE AS HECK! So glad she is sleeping better! Hallelujah!
And I absolutely LOVE the quote!!
way to go mattt. I am sure you and your dad had a great time making the car. I wish I could have been there. Love ya all!
Awesome car Matt! I love the pictures of Charly. I love the Easter dresses too. I haven't been keeping up on the blogging lately.
Post a Comment