
Also this week I had a neat opportunity to listen to Emily Freeman the author of 21 Days Closer to Christ. She came and spoke to our Relief Society and shared her powerful testimony of the Savior.
As I listened to her my heart reflected on the amazing friend I have in Jesus! He has been with me as long as I can remember and I'm sure much longer than that! As a mother he is the one who I have always been able to turn to and he never lets me down. I see his tender mercies every day in my life. I'm reminded of one day in particular not long after we had moved. I had been having a few hard months for some reason. Nothing was really wrong but nothing was right I didn't know why. I was feeling guilty for not just being happy cause I've always been so blessed. Well I was just sitting at the table looking out the window crying when Curt came in. He was two at the time he looked at me and he said, "Mom Jesus loves you!" It's so funny but those little words from my two year old made all the difference! I had taught him that Jesus loved him and he said it often. I would ask him who loved him he would say, "Jesus!" But he had never before told me that Jesus loved me until that day and he has not said it again since! The Lord knew that day I needed to hear it and he used my pure sweet baby boy to tell me!

I mentioned to Ry last night that I have been trying this week to prepare myself to hear what the Lord would have me hear during General Conference. It's amazing to me how much more we can get from meetings like these when we come prepared. One last thing I want to share, it is called. . . . . .

Reflections of Christ just click on the title and it will take you to a five minuet slide show. I love it when people do inspiring projects like these!
Just a Thought:
"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." ~Thomas A. Edison~



3 comments:
It's Monday noon, and I finally got around to reading and enjoying your last Fridays post. Thank you for sharing those touching videos, and for sharing your own tender thoughts. I am so grateful for my children who are always uplifting me with their strength and testimonies. It was wonderful to watch conference, and like you, I felt a little empty without President Hinckley. But what a blessing to witness the strength and testimony of a new prophet. And to feel once again the absolute assurance that the work goes forward and is true.
Thank you again, dear daughter. I love you all. Mom
Your blog is always so inspiring. Keep up the good work! I love to look and get a daily dose of uplift!
Love ya tonsa, Em
Tam,
Did I ever tell you, I Love You! You are such an amazing person and I thank my Father in Heaven for bringing you into my life. You are the reason I am a better person today. I love my friends. And I'm so thankful that I get to count you as one.
Love, Amy
Post a Comment