We just got back last night from our travels! We had a great trip the weather could not have been better and all the kids were happy and well!!! We had so much fun! I have not downloaded my pictures yet I hope to do that soon. But I had a few pictures I thought would bring some smiles and maybe a few laughs!
Love you all!
Charly loves to try on any shoes that she sees!
Although she will not keep her own on for any length of time and is usually found running around bare foot ;)
Matt and a "Story Board" he and Curt created!
Just a Thought:
OK for my thought this time I have a little "story" to tell. Recently I was talking with some friends about teaching children and thoughts about discipline and how they felt about spanking.
Most of America's populace thinks it's improper to spank children. We talked about "time outs", grounding, holding back "rewards" until the child displayed desired behavior etc.
One friend had lots to say. He explained that no, he does not spank any of his children. He explained that what he does is to take the misbehaving child out for a ride in the car and talk. He said that usually this works and that the child calms down fairly quickly and really doesn't take too much time.
By removing the child, in this case his son, from the immediate situation and providing a change of scenery, the child is allowed to focus on something different. Once the child has the opportunity to change perspective, things get better quickly and the child has better understanding of his place within the family and begins to understand the family's concept of acceptable behavior.
He kindly shared a picture of the process which I share with you now.



6 comments:
I love the pictures, and the storie made me laugh!!! Thanks for sharing!
Love ya!
You totally had me goin' there. I was like, okay..."I'm going to be wasting so much gas with the Brut, it's not even funny!" And I've even seen that b4....silly me! It's a true classic! :)
I love the picture of the boys getting ready for church. How true about the finger prints on every door, mirror and glassy object. But I always remember hearing people say "once the kids are gone, you will miss those finger prints...so I look at them with fondness.....most of the time.
Love Chaw-hee's boots! Cutest girl!
Miss ya so much, can't wait for you to come again...Myra might be having Missy withdrawals?! :)
Love ya tons!
That is an adorable pic of your boys getting spoofed up for church. And that pic of Matt on the hood of your van...i don't know, that's going a bit far don't ya think? Those kids are brilliant I tell ya. And SO creative.
Love ya like Pirates LOVE sports!!! Now fer a yell it in me best Louise Doty voice..."Let's go PIRATES!!!"
Sure do miss you guys...and as for the fingerprints on the glass, you won't have to miss them for long after your kids are grown, Grandkids have beautiful prints, too. I haven't gotten around to washing them off, yet, and may not till next visit. Love the picture of those two future missionaries getting ready for church. Also that little comedian with her boots. How sweet she is. Tell Missy that Grandpa found the notes from her and Moof in the old desk out where he parks his truck. They were so sweet, they made our day. What sweet and thoughtful girls they are. We love you all. Mom and Grandma O.
P.S. Oh and I love the story about taking the kids for a ride. Great picture, and not a bad idea at times. Love Mom
Post a Comment