Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sorry my conscience won't let me!

You know how the old saying goes, Ignorance is bliss! Or I know to much to turn back now. Well dang it I can't vote for that guy and so not that one lady. And the Republican Presumptive Nominee is supposed to be the conservative? I'm sorry I can't in good conscience vote for ANY of them! I know I will be held accountable for my vote. In fact I'm feeling guilty about the way I voted last time and the time before that and the time before that! Yeah sorry I was really ignorant and a very uneducated voter. I just did what I was told. But this time I've done my homework and I have found out I have lots more to do! Ho hum what to do? If you would like to be in the same predicament I'm in may I suggest this really good book. Give it a read then tell me what you would do! Oh I never thought I would be interested in politics. I think I will go back to reading about herbs and health;)

NOTE: click on book to purchase at Amazon;) Oh but wait it's sold out humm looks like you better get one and see what the fuss is all about ;) Maybe Barnes and Noble still has a copy!



Oh I'm sorry I just can't and I hope you can't either there has to be a better way. Voting for the lesser of evils has gotten us nothing but more evil. What a racket! Who would you vote for if these were your choices?



Hitler in this case would have been the "lesser of evils." Yep evil is just that I don't think there really is a lesser is there? Am I making my point or do you all just think I've totally lost it?




". . .we shall have the satisfaction of knowing that we have acted conscientiously, and have used our best judgment. And if we have to throw away our votes, we had better do so upon a worthy rather than an unworthy individual. . . " ~Joseph Smith~


My conscience just won't let me do it I may just have to write in Ron Paul he's a worthy individual! I know my vote probably will end up in the trash and not be counted but I don't think I could look my children and grandchildren in the eyes and say, "yeah there was this really great guy running for president and I KNEW it, but he just didn't have a chance so I voted for the lesser of evils." I hope to one day be able to tell them, "Yep I voted my conscience, I stood up for principle, and so did others; They spread the word; we started to learn. People started reading the constitution and studying it, talking to others about it, and teaching it to their children. (since it wasn't being taught in school) They knew it was inspired by God and that we had let ourselves be deceived by men with flattering words. But no more! They started electing local leaders that upheld and honored it! And now years later Our Constitution has been saved and we have a President who truly means it when he says, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I know God's hand has been in the making of America! I know he inspired our founding fathers in the writing of The Declaration of Independence and Our Constitution. I know we have strayed far from upholding and defending it. But I also know it will be saved we just need to "awake and arise." I have so much to learn and feel so very inadequate but I think every little thing we can do will make a difference in the future of our posterity. I'm willing to try! If you would like to try with me I will start posting some of the things that I am reading, websites, some videos of interest, etc. on my sidebar. I will call it "My Journey to Defend and Uphold the Constitution!" So come along with me help teach and inspire those around us it's very overwhelming but with each others help and support we can do it! Together, it will be fun!


Just a Thought:

"If you expect a nation to be ignorant and free, you expect what never was and can never be." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle: you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin: to vote for wicked men, it would be a sin. Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs. Damn the rod of tyranny; curse it. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don’t fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. " ~Hyrum Smith~

1 comment:

Emily said...

You Go GIRLY! One thing about you, is that you aren't wishy washy about stuff! I like that! :) Keep it up!


I love you, and can't wait to see your smiling faces soon!!