Thursday, July 17, 2008

For Our Day

Alright first of all be sure the sound on you computer is on and listen to the first song on my playlist.


I had heard this song before, but a few weeks ago I was listening to it again for the first time in a long time. As I listened to it something I have known for a long time hit me much harder then ever before. This book was written for us! It was truly written for our time! The writers of it saw our day and they were speaking to us. Pleading with us to listen and to not make the same mistakes their people made.


We are so blessed to have this great book! I am so grateful for it! In a world of so many voices this is one I know we can trust! Whatever time we can spend in it's pages will be time well spent! It can be our guide, anchor, and iron rod! With it we can be strong and immovable and keep our eyes firmly on our Savior! I know it was written for our day! I LOVE THIS BOOK!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song, beautiful book, beautiful daughter! Thanks for sharing...I also love the Book of Mormon, what an amazing and inspired blessing it is. I love you. Mom O.

Amy said...

Tam,
Thanks for sharing! I love your thoughts and the song. I've never heard it before.
I miss you guys,
Love, Amy

Felisa said...

I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH! And the next one "How Firm a foundation" That is my ALL, ALL, ALLLLLL time FAVORITE hymn! Thanks for the inspiring blog Sis! Love you mucho!

Emily said...

There ya go again, inspiring the heck out of me! You are such a great gal!
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Love ya tons, Em

jori-o said...

Tammie! You have such a sweet family! I was going through some old emails and discovered the one your mom sent to my dad, which he forwarded...with the olivvus website. Too cute! We should keep in better touch! Glad to see you are doing so well.
love,
Jori