Since our Grandparents don't get to see enough of their grandkids!

This is how I found Charly one morning! She was on the floor by the bed. I have no idea how long she had been there that night!

One day Charly took one of the play food plastic corn on the cob. Someone had drawn a face on it.

She decided it was a baby and wrapped it in a bandanna.

She called it her baby and played with it all day long!

It was so fun to watch her she was very cute with it! She even took a nap with it that day!

Of course come dinner time she was pretending it was corn and was chewing on it! Sorry I didn't get a picture of that!

Last Saturday on the 19th our Primary did a neighborhood Pioneer parade! I'm sure many of you will recognize Charly's dress ;) It's one I made for Missy when she was a flower girl for Em's wedding! It makes a great little pioneer dress!

Thanks to Grandma Retta the girls had bonnets and Missy had a great pioneer dress! THANKS GRANDMA!!

The boys were maybe more cowboyish then pioneer but they were pretty dang cute! (We'll have to see about getting at least some hats made for them before next year;)



Walking up the street to where the parade will start.



And they walked, and walked, and walked.....

.......and walked all the way to the park to play pioneer games!
More pictures to come, for the holiday weekend we went camping! ;)
Lots of love to all of you!!!
Just a Thought:
"It is not enough to study or reenact the accomplishments of our pioneers. We need to identify the great, eternal principles they applied to achieve all they achieved for our benefit and then apply those principles to the challenges of our day. In that way we honor their pioneering efforts, and we also reaffirm our heritage and strengthen its capacity to bless our own posterity and those millions of our Heavenly Father's children who have yet to hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are all pioneers in doing so." ~Dallin H. Oaks~
3 comments:
Those pictures are so cute. I love Charly with the "corn cob" How precious she is! They are all so sweet in their pioneer outfits. I can't believe that Missys dress fits Charly already! the boys look great, I think Matts hat looks very authentic, and they both look so cute. I am also grateful for grandma Retta and her phenomenal sewing skills. She can sew up miracles! Missy looks so grown up...no more a pioneer girl, but a pioneer young lady! I love you all so much, and will be watching for the camping pictures. Love, Mom and grandma O.
I love that the flower girl dress can be worn as a pioneer dress....that is totally the look I was going for....seriously. Old fashioned and cute. You should've worn yours. Maybe you and Ryan could've both worn it! ;)
I love all the pioneer pictures. Your kids make perfect pioneers. So cute!!
I can't wait to see you all!
Have a fabulous birthday sis!
Love ya lots, Em
Didn't Mom have a lil 'corn husk doll' back in the day? I love the Pioneer parade. I miss those days when we all used to dress up and parade down the street in front of the church. Next year Ry could borrow my brides maid dress if you and he want to be twins. ;) Can't wait to see the camping pix. Love you all wagon loads full!
Post a Comment