Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun Stuff!

The first part of the month some Sweet Angels took our kids for a few days and Ry and I went to St. George to spend some kid free time with our great friends! We went to the Temple, played games, enjoyed Mongolian BBQ, and went to Les Mis at Tuacahn which was wonderful!

It was so much fun we had never spent time together without all the kids! We hope to do it again sometime! (Of course we will make sure that SWPS has it all ALL their calendars so they don't drag Ryan away for meetings and inventory! GrrrRrrr they still owe me big time for that one! ;)


After getting the kids back we stopped in Cedar to spend some time with family and we had our first snow! Oh I love the seasons but I'm NOT ready for Fall to be over!


Recently we had this little critter digging all over in our yard.


Yeah he would just come out and dig while we watched! Nice! I think it was just a gopher it seemed big for one though. Does anyone know what it is? We did manage to trap it and the night it was caught one of the neighbor cats had a big meal. I will spare you the details! ;)


On Saturday morning I heard the boys say they were playing "scout camp" later when I looked in there room I of course had to come take a picture.

And Amy since I was in their room taking pictures I got one of the closet just for you! I love having things organized. It's happening slowly but it is happening and it makes my life much more simple!

Sunday I think I finally perfected a recipe for "Butter Pecan Ice Cream" Charly approves!! And yeah I will post it soon on
Simple Healthy Tasty!


Oh dear yesterday and today I have noticed we have more gophers! And dang these ones are huge and have been digging like crazy. (which is quite the accomplishment in our mostly clay for soil;)

Oh well they are getting lots of exercise, enjoying the sunshine and not to cold yet weather, and having a GREAT time together!

Just a Thought:
"No matter what circumstances you sisters experience, your influence can be marvelously far-reaching. I believe some of you have a tendency to underestimate your profound capacity for blessing the lives of others. More often than not, it is not on the stage with some public pronouncement but in your example of righteousness and the countless gentle acts of love and kindness done so willingly, so often on a one-to-one basis."
~James E. Faust~

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hey your closet looks GREAT! Soooo organized!
We had such a great time with you guys and we definatly need to do it more often!
I love the pictures of the "Gophers". I laughed and laughed. I had to look real close to see that the other little boy was Curt. He is changing and growing again. Looking older! Sad. But it happens.
We miss you guys. We need to come and see you soon or vice versa!
Love ya,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love this post! The closet does look wonderful, and I really like the swamp green color. I don't normally like gophers, but your two are adorable. And I can't wait to taste your ice cream. Charly obviously approves of it. I sure do love you all and miss you so much. Hope to see you soon. Love Mom and grandma O.

jori-o said...

Your two big gophers sure are cute little varmints! And I love the quotes you always add in, Tammie. I needed this one today! Gracias! ;)

themayerfamily said...

Glad you guys could get away. You all deserve it so much!

Emily said...

Okay, I will have to get the details about Ryan's work calling him away during your big date....sheesh.

And, I am gonna say you got beavers. I mean that is one HUGE gopher.

And your closet looks grand, as does the paint in the boys room! You are becoming quite the 'Holly Housekeeper'!

There is never a dull moment with your kids around! Love them to pieces!

Love you too, Em

Lindsay said...

You can come and organize my room any time you want! :-) haha I would love that cuz obviously you do a great job! Also, you have the cutest "gophers" I've ever seen! :-) that picture is way cute and made me smile! how fun it is to watch great imaginations at work!