Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Painting the Boys Room

But first Matt took some pictures of his latest Lego creation.


No instructions were involved.

I personally really liked the fireplace!

I even thought his photography was pretty good! ;)


Alright a few weekends ago we decided to dig out the swap green paint (that Ryan tried to surprise me with years ago for our bedroom I didn't want my room THAT green;) from the far corners of the garage and paint the boys room.

They were very excited and wanted to help!



They actually were quite a bit of help!


Pretty green huh!



Ry thought I was silly when I first called it swamp green but way back when while trying to tell him I didn't want swamp green in my room he said, "It's not swamp green!" he looked up the name of it and guess what it was called?

WETLANDS ;) We couldn't help but get a laugh out of it! In fact Ryan now affectionately calls it swamp green too. I really did love the surprise and appreciated the thought but as most of you know we found a more relaxing "green" color.



Anyway we got this cool sponge roller thing and added a little bit of the gold he had bought to go on the trim in our room (Don't ask me I think it would look really good in HIS office but not our bedroom;) In the last coat. So it is very swampy I think it is great for a boys room and looks really good!



Matt says it's his Yoda room! I say whatever works so we didn't have to buy more paint. We actually still have a gallon of swamp green left and nearly a gallon of gold ;) We also redid the closet in their room and painted it too the space in it is much more usable it's very nice. Sorry I don't seem to have a picture of it right now!

Just a Thought:
Wasn't conference great! As always I just love it! Here was one of my favorites of many wonderful quotes! Love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!

"What is most important almost always involves the people around us......Never let a problem to be solved become more important then a person to be loved!" ~Thomas S. Monson~

7 comments:

jori-o said...

Hey wait a minute...do I recognize those bunkbeds...??

Amy said...

Tam,
The boys room looks great! What a fun project to have DONE! LOL
I wanted to see a picture of the closet organizer though!
Conference was awesome. Luke seems to be doing better today so hopefully it holds through the afternoon and the night and we will see you tomorrow!
Love,
Amy

Felisa said...

Well done guys! It's always nice to put on a coat of something different. Looks like you had a fun family event with it. Jori is cute, she must have a photographic memory. Those bunk beds we had back in the day were the bomb. Often imitated, but never duplicated. Dad should patent his design. Anyway, love you all paint buckets full!

Nelson Family said...

We like your green walls. You finally found a use for that green paint.

Dear Matt & Curtis,
I love your lego house. I really like the fireplace. Thanks for the birthday note. I wish you could have seen my pirate ship cake. Bye!
Caleb

Tammie said...

Hey Jori that is too funny! They are not the same beds but like felis said Dad's design has been imitated more then once! Very practical to say the least! Not to mention much more affordable! ;)

Emily said...

Gone Green Eh? Looks GOOD! I'm glad you found use for your years supply of paint! And I love Matt's lego creations! It was so much fun to spend some time with your kiddos! Hope you guys had a blast!

Love you tons, Em

Ruckman Clan said...

I think it is great that they were all so helpful. And the paint ended up on the wall not he floor. Go Yoda room. Love ya
Ta