I'm sure most of you have heard of Elder Wirthlin's passing on Monday night. Ever since Elder Wirthlin's talk this past October I think I say at LEAST weekly, "Come What May, and Love It!" I have listened to that talk and read it numerous times! When I first heard it the day of General Conference I knew it would be one I would refer to often. If you would like to read it again you can go here.

I remember when I was much younger that I thought his talks were boring. For as long as I can remember his speech has been quite slow and with some stuttering. But as I matured and looked beyond my selfishness. I realized the words he spoke were of great benefit to me. I started really listening to his talks and learned so much for each one of them!
As much as I love his most recent one and think it is a great talk for him to leave us with I will never forget the talk entitled The Great Commandment. You can click on the title to read the talk but I highly recommend that you go here find the talk by him and click on the icon that will let you view the video of it. I remember watching that talk and listening to him speak about love. He has been "old" for quite some time and his body was not wanting to stand there that long to give his talk. He started shaking a lot and I remember just praying for him. Then when Elder Nelson got up and stood by him and I remember thinking that there was such a lesson being taught there that went way further then words could ever go. I am so grateful for leaders who lead not only by word but by such a loving example. We are so blessed to have them with us on the Earth today. Elder Wirthlin will be missed but his example of love, perseverance, and enduring to the end will live on for generations! Thank you Elder Wirthlin!
As much as I love his most recent one and think it is a great talk for him to leave us with I will never forget the talk entitled The Great Commandment. You can click on the title to read the talk but I highly recommend that you go here find the talk by him and click on the icon that will let you view the video of it. I remember watching that talk and listening to him speak about love. He has been "old" for quite some time and his body was not wanting to stand there that long to give his talk. He started shaking a lot and I remember just praying for him. Then when Elder Nelson got up and stood by him and I remember thinking that there was such a lesson being taught there that went way further then words could ever go. I am so grateful for leaders who lead not only by word but by such a loving example. We are so blessed to have them with us on the Earth today. Elder Wirthlin will be missed but his example of love, perseverance, and enduring to the end will live on for generations! Thank you Elder Wirthlin!
Just a Thought:
".....as you prayerfully consider what you can do to increase harmony, spirituality, and build up the kingdom of God, consider your sacred duty to teach others to love the Lord and their fellowman. This is the central object of our existence. Without charity—or the pure love of Christ—whatever else we accomplish matters little. With it, all else becomes vibrant and alive."
~Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin~



3 comments:
Truly a wonderful example to us all!
Love you tons, Em
Dad and I were reading your thoughts about Elder Wirthlin, and we also feel so blessed by his wisdom, his example and his love. we were listening to his last conference talk while we were traveling on Monday night. We felt the spirit of that great talk very strong, and it was probably about the time of his passing. That will always make his "Come what may, and love it" counsel even more special to us. Thanks for sharing. We love you. Mom and Dad
Tam,
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your sweet testimony of Elder Wirthlin. I too remember the day Elder Nelson stood to support him. The spirit was so strong that day.
I love you, Thanks for your testimony
Amy
Post a Comment