Saturday, December 06, 2008

Giving Thanks!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here are a few highlights!

The kids had fun times putting on plays!


I'm pretty sure you can figure out what this one was about!


Charly thought it was great!

What a feast!

Grandma sitting with all the grandkids for Thanksgiving dinner!

Getting together with the Olive's the next day!




Is that not the cutest little face you ever saw!!


We managed to get the kids somewhat together for a group shot!

Back at the ranch we put up the tree!


Now Christmas time is in full swing and we have been having lots of fun!

We have made gifts and in the picture we are making apple cinnamon ornaments!


We also put some apple slices in the dehydrator and sprinkled them with cinnamon to use for ornaments! The tree is looking mighty cute. When it's done we'll post a full picture! The lovely smells made me hungry for some apple cinnamon.....something. To see what I came up with go to my recipe blog!

Today Matt decided he would get started with the lights outside. I told him he could do some on the front porch. Here he is ready to plug them in!


Oh bummer the net lights across the front didn't light! Guess he will need Dad's help when he is home!

Well no wonder the heater runs so much! ;) I thought this picture was kind of cool since the door was left open you can see our lights both outside and in! Kind of fun!

We are so blessed! We have so much to be Thankful for! We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This year we are trying to make our Christmas gifts and spend very little money! Since there just doesn't seem to be enough of that around these days! So far we seem to be having our best Christmas ever. I hear the kids telling all their friends, "Guess what we are making all our Christmas gifts this year!" They are more excited then I have seen them! We are spending lots of time together, having fun, and making great memories! No noisy overcrowded stores and long lines for us this year! Hope all is Merry and Bright and your home too! Lots and lots of love!!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like soooo much fun! I want a closer picture of the tree so I can see all the fun ornaments you made. My kids are all over the homeade gift idea. They are planning that for next year! Yea! Thanks for being inspiring!
Love ya,
Amy

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

The plays look like fun.

I forgot that's what kids did before TV and xbox! :)

Anonymous said...

I always fret that you are so far away...especially at Christmastime, but I love, love, love the wonderful Christmas feeling that you create in your own home. Give the kids my love and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love the dried apple slices on the tree. How simple, but charming is that? It looks like Matt is becoming a great electrician, after all. Hug him for granny. I would love to have seen that Thanksgiving play, it must have been one great production! I agree with you on that adorable face..and she is very photogenic too. Just like her Mama.
I love you all sooooo much. Mom and Grandma O.

Emily said...

Very Very Fun!! I am so glad that you guys are doing homemade Christmas!

I didn't even recall that picture bein' taken at Chuckies. I wish we could've seen you guys for longer!

Your kids are adorable, and I am so glad that you are doing well!

Give those kids big hugs from me!

Love you, Em

Felisa said...

Carlo says, "My 15 seconds of fame and I blow it looking like a chipmunk!" So, whatever that may mean. I love your pix. I've got a few to send ya too. Lots of love and Hugs!