The kids really get into and enjoy most every holiday! Yesterday morning started with Matt and Curt making "fireworks!" They colored paper red white and blue and then cut them up into little pieces wrapped them in newspaper. Then they would throw them up as high as they could.
It would hit the ceiling and sprinkle down all over! Part of me wanted to not let them do it cause it was so messy. But more of me thought it was very creative and something I would have really enjoyed as a kid so I told them as long as they cleaned up they could do it as much as they wanted. Well they did clean up but needless to say I'm sure I will be picking up "fireworks scraps" for some time;) Matt and Missy also made sure to decorate making red, white, and blue paper chains and paper American flags and putting them up around the house! I love how simple things can be so fun for them they have taught me to get more enjoyment out of life's simple pleasures!
Then this morning while making pancakes Missy was wondering if we could make them into the shape of a flag or something! Well I happened to remember that I had a pancake star mold (from back in my pampered chef days) that had not ever been used and the kids would think I was the coolest Mom ever. So I broke out with it and made them each a star pancake! (Notice them in the picture?) Also notice that Dad is reading The Declaration of Independence it's a tradition we started last year! We have these cool little booklets that have The Constitution and the Declaration in it! If you want some for your family you can get them here! It is something we plan to do for many years to come it is so classic, so simple yet so deep! I want my children very familiar with it. Tonight we plan to finish off the 4th of July with our Neighborhood BBQ and family fireworks displays. Just our little neighborhood is getting together and going to watch each others fireworks it ought to be quite the show!
Now here are just a few cute pictures of the past few days. Charly has figured out how to go downstairs on her own and is very proud of herself. Along with that she can climb on and off of the furniture to and thinks that's pretty cool! She also realizes that she can take steps on her own and wants to walk but many times chickens out. She is learning to communicate more and more and it is so fun to watch! She waves "bye bye" gives "kisses" and says "ah oh" when she drops something and claps her hands when we say good job or patty cake! She has also started noticing food and loves trying things! She doesn't sign any words yet but understands what some of them mean especially the sign for hungry!
I just laughed when I saw this, thought you would too!
Missy was behind the couch with the camera playing Peek-a-Boo with Charly!
I just thought they were so sweet!



3 comments:
You are such a good mom! I love that you can so easily let your kids....be kids! Missy is getting to be quite the photographer! I think it is a gift given to oldest female children! ;) That Charly has the cutest little teeth!
Love ya tons, Em
It looks like you had a great day too! Fun pancakes and fireworks! Soon it will be camping time!
I love the reading the things you read to your kids. It impresses me and makes me want to do more myself. You all are amazing! I am so lucky to have you all as an example to me and my family. I love the pancakes and fireworks!
Love ya
Post a Comment