Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Family Vacation 2007 Part I

map


















The route we took!


We had originally planned on going to Yellowstone again this fall for our family vacation. But when we found out my brother was getting married in Nauvoo our plans changed a bit. Since we couldn't afford two vacations in one year and traveling clear to Nauvoo would be quite the trip (over 3,000 miles) and take all of our weeks vacation; we weighed the pros and cons and decided that even though the kids are pretty young still Spencer and Rene were worth it;) We had been to all our other siblings weddings and this was the last one. We were still a bit hesitant about taking our four young children halfway across America in our not so new van.




But it turned out to be an amazing experience! We all had a great time! Our van ran great without any problems. The kids traveled well and even Charly was super! Our testimonies grew and we learned so much! I came to understand even more how very human the pioneers were even the Prophet Joseph Smith. They made mistakes and suffered for them but they also knew that they were part of something great. Many of them never gave up and died for what they believed in. People don't just do that for something they don't truly believe in. They knew there mission in life and they gave their whole heart to it. I know more now then ever before that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God!

It was so neat to be able to spend as much time as we did in Nauvoo. It would have been nice to go up to the sacred grove in Palmyra too but it was just too far. Maybe next time;) We have lots of pictures from our trip and I will be posting them soon! So check back!

1 comment:

Nelson Family said...

It sounds like a great trip. I can't wait to see pictures. I may be rare, but I love travelogues. Glad you had fun and made it back safe.