Hey Em, Happy Birthday!
Since even the thought of writing a poem literally makes me scared; and if you read it you would be scared too! I "thought" you might enjoy "getting" some of the pictures from our trip that I took with my camera when your batteries were dying. And since I know you love thoughts I thought you might enjoy some of my favorites! I've been saving them for a very special day;) We hope you like them and we hope you have a great day! We love you so much!
~Rumi~
"Why do people feel guilty about TV? What is wrong with it? Just this: it shuts out all the wonderful things of which the mind is capable, leaving it drugged in a state of thoughtless stupor."
~Hugh Nibley~
"We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bellyfull of words and do not know a thing."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
"If we love God, do his will, and fear His judgement more than men's, we will have self-esteem."
~Ezra Taft Benson~
"If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."
~Chinese proverb~
"We must cast aside the Philosophies of men and the wisdom of the wise and hearken to that Spirit which is given to guide us into all truth."
~Bruce R. McConkie~
"To confuse compulsory schooling with equal educational opportunity is like confusing organized religion with spirituality. One does not necessarily lead to the other."
~Wendy Priesnitz~
"School is the advertising agency which makes you believe that you need the society as it is."
~Ivan Illich~
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection."
~Thomas Paine~
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
~William Butler Yeats~
"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
~Albert Einstein~
"No earthly authority can separate us from direct access to our Creator. There can never be a mechanical or electronic failure when we pray. There is no limit on the number of times or how long we can pray each day. There is no quota of how many needs we wish to pray for in each prayer. We do not need to go through secretaries or make an appointment to reach the throne of grace. He is reachable at any time and any place."
~James E. Faust~
~Galileo Galilei~

"When priorities are in place, one can more patiently tolerate unfinished business."—Russell M. Nelson
"When priorities are in place, one can more patiently tolerate unfinished business."—Russell M. Nelson



4 comments:
We are all wishing Emi-Pooh a happy birthday today! How grateful we are that she came to our family...what would we have ever done without her!!
Tam, I love the pictures, and I am just amazed with the great quotes you come up with. They are all so thought provoking and profound. I think the one from President Faust is my favorite of all. Thanks honey! Love to all
awwwww Tam, you're so great! Thanks so much! I love those pictures....thank goodness you were there...dang my blasted short lived batteries! ;) AND I LOOOOOVE the quotes! They will be added in to my favorite quotes of all time book, for sure!
Love ya so very much, Em
I love the pix and the quotes! Thanks for sharing them Tam!
And Happy Bday Em. We're so glad you're part of the family. We love you tons!
at first i thought you were narrating all the pictures with your own words, then when actually read the words instead of just looking at the pictures, i realized that they were the words of some really important people...not that what you say is unimportant....uh, anyway, that is pretty cool!
Post a Comment