Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Little Girl and Some Other Things

Last week our "little" girl turned ELEVEN! Can you believe it? I'm having a hard time believing it myself!


Have I ever mentioned how time flies;)


We spent the day making yummy gourmet pizzas and her cake which was a pineapple cake with coconut creme on top. Missy made lots of the stuff all by herself and helped me with the rest. She also decorated her cake I thought she did a cute job.

It made me feel old when I saw how bright the cake was with all those candles;)



She has sure grown up lots in every way this past year, oh the seasons of life!




We sure could not have asked for a sweeter more wonderful girl than our Melissa! She is such a wonderful example to her parents and siblings and teaches us so much!




Now for the other things!


I told you I would get a picture of Ry's fender bender. See it isn't to bad, he had just had his brakes worked on and all redone the day it happened he said they acted different than usual and didn't seem to grab hard enough to get him stopped in time. I told him I would think that NEW brakes ought to work better, he said he thought with everything being shiny and new they maybe slipped a little easier. Well I don't know much about cars so maybe I'll buy that but hummmmm what do you think? ;)



Matt just thinks it's all very "electrifying" (note post below)
(also thanks big sis your photo editing skills amaze me every time, plus we needed a good laugh)


Just a Thought: “The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.” ~Alden Nowlan~


6 comments:

Ruckman Clan said...

I am glad that Missy had a great birthday. I wish we could have been there. She is an example to all of us. We love her so very much. I do love her photo editing skills. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Missy had a good birthday, we wish we were closer, and could have been there with her. She IS getting so grown up, and is and always has been such a special and sweet young lady. We love her so much!!
Sure glad the fender bender wasn't any worse, and especially that no one got hurt! Tender mercies!
And that picture of Matt is somehow almost exactly what I visualized when I saw that Blog! How cute and creative. I still like him best with straight hair though!
Tam, I love your thought. I don't know why, but it made me teary eyed. Must be because it is profoundly true. Thanks for sharing.
we are missing you all and wish that we were sharing Christmas with you, but we know you will have a wonderful family time, and our love will be with you. I love you all. Mom and Grandma O.

solivvus said...

happy late birthday to Missy! sorry we missed it, but it sounds like it was great! and I think that's a pretty good look for Matt! at least the hair.. maybe not the burn marks! love you guys! merry christmas!

Emily said...

Missy you have such perfectly amazing flawless skin!!! You are also a perfectly amazing 11 year old! You did such a super job on your cake....and your outfit is adorable!

I hope that you had the happiest Birthday an 11 year old could!!!

Love ya tons, Em

PS. Matt's picture is sooooo funny! That sis of ours IS so blasted creative and HILARIOUS!!! :)

Felisa said...

Happy Happy 11th Missy!!! We thought of you like crazy on your special day. The kids have a little something for you. Not sure when we'll see ya, so maybe we'll have to use the ole' postmaster. But we want you to know how much we love you and how proud we are of you! You're such a sweet girl and such a great example to your younger siblings and cousins.
Glad the fender bender wasn't a fender folder. And SOOOO glad that NOBODY got hurt in those lil accidents you had. ;)
Love your thought and love YOU even more!!!

Nelson Family said...

We love you too Missy. You're a great example to all of us! What a sweetie. We hope you had a great birthday and a super Christmas. See you soon hopefully!