Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A SpEGGtacular Weekend!

We had a great weekend traveling down to see family! It had been several months since we had seen them and we were very excited to spend some time! Although it is never long enough it was very good to see everyone!Audrey could not get enough of Curt, she wanted to be holding his hand or giving him a hug or something! It was very sweet.





At the Olive's the first item of business was to master driving the blue goose!

They all caught on quick!
They drove without any help except Curt needed Dad to push the gas for him his legs were not quite long enough.

Ry enjoyed helping Gramps work on his truck, in fact he didn't even want to come in for dinner!

Look at all the fun stuff we got in our baskets!

Charly looking in her basket!

Curt playing with a balloon car.


Missy and Matt are coloring with some new markers!

This year because of where we were at the weather was perfect for hunting eggs outside!

Curt found one in the bird house!

Then came lots of fun visiting and playing!

To pass the time waiting for more family to come Grandpa got out his rockets! First they tried the rocket car. It didn't work very well I think the road was too bumpy for it.

So they busted out with the shooting rockets and had a "blast!"
They would watch the rockets shoot up and then off on the blue goose they would go to retrieve them.
Then soon the rest of the clan showed up! For some reason Charly decided this aunt was pretty cool, which is not a common thing (you aunts know what I am talking about) go figure!
Well with the whole family here now (even Great G-ma and G-pa Olive showed up it was so nice to see them!) Uncle Mike was anxious to do his Bunny impersonation;)
The cousins all had a great time hunting eggs and playing together all evening!

Because Charly has not spent much time with extended family she was a bit unsure. Of course the day it was time to go Charly decided Grandma was OK and even fell asleep in her arms. All it takes is time. We just wish we had more of it.

5 comments:

Ruckman Clan said...

I am so glad that you had a great time with family. Family is everything! I wish that we all lived closer together. I would love a copy of the pictures with Audrey and Curt. Please email them to me if you can. Thanks

Love ya all

Felisa said...

Well, now we know who Charly's favorite Aunt is eh? ;) She and I bonded when we where there at Thanksgiving, that's why. Glad I could be SOMEONE's fav!

It was sooooo wonderful to see all of you! I HOPE, I HOPE, I HOPE that we get to see you again soon! I LOVE the pix of Mike Bunny! How hillarious!

Love You All Baskets Full!!!

Emily said...

Yahoo! I love ALL the fun pictures! It was so much fun to see all of you folks. I too hope that we can do it again sometime very soon!! I have a "Mike Bunny" picture exactly like yours....we must've snapped our cameras at the exact moment! :)

Love you guys tons, Em

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of a great time! Only thing is it seems nobody got a picture of Grandpa Tom and Grandma Cheri. Maybe Olga did?? I just hope you get back down here before Charly forgets again. She was just warming up to me...I can't help but feel a little jealous, Olga is not only the favorite aunt, Charly prefers her to Granny! Love you all

Nelson Family said...

It looks like you had a great Easter too. Sorry we weren't able to see you when you came. Maybe next time. I think I want a blue goose. It looks fun!
Gena