Wednesday, July 19, 2006

As promised. Veggie Pot Pie

Veggie Pot Pie

4 medium carrots, sliced
3 medium potatoes, chopped
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
4 Tablespoons melted coconut or olive oil
2 cups vegetable broth (I mix my own with Rapunzel brand bullion type broth)
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 cups diced chunks Portobelo mushroom
3 medium onions, chopped
16 to 18 oz. Frozen green peas
Biscuit Topping (recipe below)

Cook carrots and potatoes in water in saucepan until tender-crisp. Blend flour into melted butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Cook for 3 minutes or until smooth and bubbly, stirring frequently. Stir in vegetable broth gradually; increase heat to medium. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt, pepper. Drain carrots and potatoes mix mushrooms onions and peas with carrots and potatoes pour in broth mixture gently stir spoon into 9x13 cake pan. Top with Biscuit Topping. Bake in preheated 400 degree over for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

Biscuit Topping

2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup rice milk
4 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil

Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add milk and oil all at once; mix just until moistened.
I have noticed that this recipe is a tasty but a little on the dry side I think next time I will add a little more broth or maybe some rice milk. Feel free to change it according to your tastes that's what my recipes are all about ;)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Nice Tammie!! Keep pumpin' 'em out! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Honey, you sure are doing a lot of cooking. All that energy must mean something good is going to happen soon! Still on call! I love you

Tammie said...

No I took pictures of the cooking a while ago. I have just been getting around to typing up the recipies;)