Monday, July 17, 2006

Our Weekend Excitement!


There was quite a fire on the hill near our house this past Saturday evening! It was up out of the way enough that fire trucks could not get to it. And it was getting larger fast! We wondered what they would do. Next thing we knew there were helicopters and planes coming in. The helicopter appeared to be dropping water and going back to Utah Lake to pick up more.


There were also planes dropping the red stuff that you see here. The kids thought the whole thing was pretty cool. We sat on our back porch while Dad read to us and we watched them put out the fire.

Getting Closer! We are all getting very excited. Dad put up the changing table and bed for the baby this weekend.
We thought this was pretty cute. Last night Curt was having a very hard time obeying and staying in bed even though he was very tired. Dad told him if he got up again he would take his pillow. Well he ended up getting his pillow taken away, which seemed to do the trick we did not hear from him again and he went to sleep. When Mom and Dad went up to bed we noticed that he had been very resourceful, and piled some blankets under his head for a pillow. We traded the blankets for his pillow but not before we snatched a few pictures.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you say Curtis likes to try your patience, Tam? Just look at that sleeping angel...how could he possibly ever be annoying?!? Cute stuff!

Felisa said...

Did you guys get smoked out from the fire? And WHO says nothing exciting ever happens in Utah?
Tam I LOOOOOVE that shirt!!! WHERE did you get it? I seriously want one, just in case I ever get a paunch again. It's ADORABLE!!!

Emily said...

I can't believe all that excitment didn't put you into labor! You are looking super cute. That baby is all cozy and takin' its sweet time! Hang in there! Love ya

Emily said...

Did I say excitment? I meant excitement!! But you knew that didn't ya?! :)

Tammie said...

No I was worried about getting smoked out but they didn't mess around and got it out quick! The shirt 3 bucks on clearance at Wal-Mart. Yep Curtis spoiled us coming so early so this one does seem like it is taking FOREVER!