
Even though we have no trouble downing these peaches fresh I thought some homemade peach cobbler for Family Home Evening treat Monday night would hit the spot. Mmmmm was it tasty! We liked it best nice and warm from the oven.
Peach Cobbler
8 or more cups fresh sliced peaches (peeled if you want I didn't bother)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup Sucanat
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
3/4 cup Sucanat
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vanilla rice or almond milk(or plain with vanilla added)
2 cups boiling water
3 tablespoon coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Stir together peaches with cinnamon and 3/4 cup Sucanat. Set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together softened coconut oil and 3/4 cup Sucanat. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk. Pour into prepared pan. Top with peach mixture. Drop 3 tablespoon coconut oil in boiling water and pour all over peaches. Bake in oven 45 minutes, until golden brown. Top with "My Favorite Whipped Creme" or we thought it would be good with our home made vanilla "ice cream" recipe. We just use the "Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream" recipe and leave out the pumpkin and spices and add extra vanilla.
My Favorite Whipped Creme:
Take a can of coconut milk (not light kind) and get cold in fridge (preferably over night) Then open the can and with a spoon, spoon out only the thick stuff. Put into a small food processor or blender add about 3-4 Tablespoons raw or organic sugar more if you like it sweeter and ý teaspoon vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy use like whipped creme.
And because they grow sooo fast here is of picture of Charly taken today!



4 comments:
OH that looks tasty! I can't wait to try that one. I'm glad you sent this cause Moof was just bugging for Peach Cobbler the other day.
That baby is growing up WAY fast already. What a cute little doll!
Love ya Bunches!
I can't wait to get my hands on that! The peach cobbler looks yummy too!;)
So excited to see you guys and little Charly!
Love ya!
Those peaches look sweet, but little Charly is even sweeter. She is getting so grown up looking! Can't wait to see her and all of you again. Love Mom
I have been trying to reach you to wish Matt a Happy Birthday. You must be out doing something fun, I hope. I will try again later, and Grandpa is in Northern Nevada traveling where he may not have a phone, but we both want Matt to know how much we love him, and wish him a wonderful 7th birthday. We love you, Matt !! Love Grandpa and Grandma Olive
Post a Comment