
It's called Facing the Giants and it's just all good not ONE THING wrong with it and a very good and inspiring story! Just click on the movie title and you can go to the web site to see previews. Movies like this sure don't come along very often! A definite must see!
Well to go along with our movie there had to be a treat so I made this. . . .
Tropical Lime Pie
Crust:
2 cups dried coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1/4-1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
dash of sea salt
Mix together in food processor with an "s" blade. Press into two small or one large pie plate.
Filling:
2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced thin
4 large or 5 medium avocados (ripe)
juice of 4-5 limes
1/2-3/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
dash sea salt (optional)
Place banana slices evenly around prepared crust. Place avocados, lime juice and sweetener (and salt, if desired) into a clean food processor with an "s" blade. blend until smooth and creamy. Add sweetener or extra lime if needed. Pour over bananas and chill for several hours before serving. I sprinkled a little coconut over the top.
Then just last night I made Artichoke Tomato Alfredo with a Tossed Honey Mustard Salad
Ingredients:
one small bottle artichoke hearts (in brine, not packed in oil)
4-5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic minced (or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tablespoon chopped dried)
2 heaping Tablespoon whole wheat flour
1/2 cup (or more) rice milk
1 small handful raw cashews
Whole wheat fettucini, macaroni or spaghetti noodles
Directions: Prepare fettucini, macaroni or spaghetti noodles al dente. Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little olive oil. Do not drain the artichokes take out half of them and cut them into small pieces. Then place the rest of the bottle of artichokes and the liquid in blender. Mix your flour and rice milk and add that to the blender also then add a small handful of raw cashews. Blend until very smooth. Add the cut artichokes and blender mixture into the saute; mix well and warm just until thickened. Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
Tossed Honey Mustard Salad
Dressing:
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 Tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup honey or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups water
Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth.
OK for the Salad I just used some carrots, raisins, romaine, onion, and some pecans. I think it would also be good with some grapes cut in half. Really what ever you have or whatever you like it's a tasty sweet dressing though!
Alright now here we have Charly starting to figure out the crawling thing! She gets up on her knees sometimes. But mostly she likes scooting backwards it's pretty cute!
Speaking of cute Matt took the camera for a while today and when I saw this picture it just made me smile!
They were supposed to be doing their chores but I didn't bug them cause I thought hey you don't see this everyday and maybe they would learn a thing or two. Either way it was pretty cool! They neat thing was how fast they did it!



3 comments:
I want to try the pie it looks really good. I am sure that we will love the movie. Thanks for the recomendation and the receipe.
Way to make me hungry.
Love ya
Thanks for the movie recommendation...I will definitely pass it on to your brothers. Maybe I will actually like one of the movies they bring home!
Yummy! Those recipes look delish! I will definitely try the artichoke sauce and the salad dressing. The pictures made me hungry.
Charly is growing up so fast and always happy. Sure do miss seeing her, and all of you. Hug them all for me, ok? Love to see them being curious and eager to learn.
Love you all.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.
Yum!
Love ya, Em
Post a Comment