Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Some Things We've Been Doing!

As usual things are busy, crazy, but fun at our house! Last Saturday we worked in the basement.


Ry started framing the unfinished part of the basement!


I sealed the grout from Ry's awesome tile job on the fireplace!


It's very nice to have such a handy hubby!

Matt helped Dad lots, he would even get lumber from out of the truck and hand it to Dad through the basement window. He also built some stuff of his own too. Then Saturday night Matt and Dad had the chance to go to a Jazz game! They had a good time! (sorry no pictures)
Now yesterday we had quite the windstorm and during it the kids saw a BIG box blowing by. Matt ran out and brought it in. They were not about to let this blow by!


Matt started right away "fixing the place up!"
Complete with screws and everything;)




The kids thought it was great fun and now have a lovely playhouse in the basement!


A big box was not the only thing the wind blew in. This morning we woke up to about an inch of snow! The kids said, "Mom I thought you said it was Spring!" I told them that this IS Spring!

And Charly is just as happy and cute as ever!
Here is a thought I read today and thought a lot of you might enjoy!
"In the house ruled by Christ, something is right. Something is very right. And further, you begin to notice that the special family times often appear only in hindsight. At the moment (in the "now"), it seems like chaos. Utter nonsense. A zoo (my house?). But in looking back, it's nothing but sweet memories. The secret to family delight is in the living - it's in the doing. And the Lord takes care of the rest. A crazy, nutty, wacky, insane, burnt-out, berserk homeschool life is a beautiful gift - one packed full of amazing memories and love. It sometimes acts as the very glue which holds the family together. All that quantity time makes for some incredible quality time. So stop envying Susie homeschool mama down the street who seems to be more perfect. YOU are so blessed. Crazy sometimes, sure, but BLESSED.
May the Lord continue to richly bless you this week as you serve HIM by serving THEM." ~Gena Suarez~

6 comments:

Felisa said...

Shoot, I wondered what happened to the big box on our back porch. Ever since the wind came up, it has vanished. Looks like Matt and the gang have put it to better use than we did. I'm glad it was you guys who got the snow and not us. But brrrrr it's still cold!

Loved your thought for the day, almost as much as you!

Ruckman Clan said...

Thanks for the insite into your lives. I love the update and seeing what is happening in your lives. Matt reminds me of Ryan so much, I remember building lots of things out of boxes with my big brother. What great memories!

Love you more than 100 boxes.

Emily said...

SNOW!?? Whoa, that is wild! I sure love seeing those sweet faces. I can't believe how big Charly is getting. She is so cute!

You guys are on the ball! Keep up the good work!

Love ya tons, Em

Nelson Family said...

Don't you just love those Nelson boys. They are pretty handy. We have snow in Cedar too, but it looks like we have a lot more than you do. I had to pull our winter coats out again.

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures and the thought about how we need to be thankful for each day. Thank you so much for the time you spend sharing with us what your family is doing. Thanks for the e-mails. mom & dad Nelson

Anonymous said...

That fireplace is beautiful! Love the pictues of the kids with the box "Playhouse" Especially Matt with his tongue sticking out in deep concentration as he works on the construction project. It is so fun to see them all playing together and enjoying each other. Tell Missy to hurry on down to Granny O's house....we have the warm side of Spring down here. Love you all!