Ry got the grout finished on the fireplace it looks great! Now he promised he would finish the basement! (Yippy)
I recently perfected my Sweet and Spicy Cabbage over Organic Brown Rice recipe so here ya go!
Sweet and Spicy Cabbage
(just so you know I don't every really measure so these are best guesses feel free to adjust to your taste;)
4 Tablespoons Oil (I use olive or sesame)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1+ cup Sucanat (or to desired sweetness)
1/2 cup liquid Aminos (soy sauce)
2 Heaping Tablespoons Arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
Crushed Red Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes as much or as little as you want for desired spiciness
1 head Green Cabbage chopped into fairly large pieces
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
2 cups organic brown rice cooked
Combine vinegar, oil, Sucanat and half of the liquid aminos in a LARGE frying pan or wok. Bring to a boil while heating stir the other half of the aminos with the arrowroot powder mix well. Pour into the boiling stuff in the pan. Add red pepper simmer until thickened add Cabbage stir well then add peanuts. Stir just until warmed remove from heat. Serve over cooked brown rice!
It's been lovely outside so we have been spending lots of time out there!



4 comments:
The weather is finally nice here too. It's amazing how much happier I am when the sun is shining! The fireplace looks great, and it sounds like you're all doing well.
I love to warm weather, but It is getting to hot here. I have my air on today. I am glad that Ryan is working so hard on the fireplace. I am sure it will all be finished soon. Good Luck
Love ya
You have been busy making some delicious foods...Thanks for sharing the recipes! That fireplace looks grand and that crawling Charly is such a cutie! You guys are so awesome! Keep up all the good work!
Love ya tons, Em
It has been over a week since I even looked at the blogs...I went traveling with Dad and then got home to lots of stuff to catch up on. Sure have missed seeing those pictures. The fireplace looks great, Ry! I think you did a super job on it. I miss you guys so much, and sure am looking forward to seeing you at Easter time. Hug the kids for me. I hope they all got my letters. Give that little winking crawling angel big kisses for Granny! I hope she won't cry when I hold her this visit. I love you all.
Post a Comment