
After checking in we headed for the park we wanted to use the rest of the day to go see Old Faithful. About 10 miles into the park we saw this Bald Eagle in this tree not far off the main road. This was the closest we have ever been to a Bald Eagle it was very cool!
In the days to come we would see many large elk. This is one of our favorite pictures though!
Okay Dad this one is for you. How many elk do you see in the picture below?
After seeing many animals along the way we finally made it to Old Faithful. As we were walking by the visitor center we noticed a sign that said it would erupt within 10 minutes of 5:36 pm. Ry looked at his watch; what do you know it was 5:36, what timing!

We hustled and got there just in time. We stood back a little ways because of all the people we knew the kids would never be able to see over.

We then walked around for a while this is Ry and Tam on the other side of Old Faithful. (FYI it is not going off;)
Just a few of the many Buffalo (really named Bison) that we saw.
After seeing Old Faithful and looking around a bit we stopped at these pretty falls before heading back to the condo for dinner. (Just so you know the baby is not Charly that's their cousin Logan;) Ry's brother Steve and wife Gena and thier two boys were with us on this trip.

It was a great day with so many beautiful things to look at. Most of the time we were there the kids were just loving it! Laughing and saying what a great time they were having. We think it may be more fun than Disneyland! We think we will call Yellowstone the "Happiest Place on Earth." Well no Disney might sue how about The Most Fun, Most Beautiful Place on Earth!
Okay so we had a good time, and this was just our first day in the park! Will it get any better than this? Well I guess you will just have to wait and find out!




5 comments:
Wow! Beautiful scenery, interesting animals and family togetherness. What a great time! Sure brings back lots of good memories.And one not so good memoroy of when Spencer got bonked on the head with a trailer hitch! I would love to have a family reunion at Yellowstone ! Maybe it could happen. Looking forward to more. Love you all
That elk pic and the falls pic are AWESOME! The pic with the 4 kids is so funny...cause look at Charly's expression. What do you think she's thinking? (WOW, this is GRRRREAT...I'm gonna remember this for... for... for at least 24 hours!) lol Looks like tons of fun. Cant wait to see what happens next.
Love Ya Old and Faithfully!
Okay Feliz that is funny I thought about Charly not remembering much of this trip in fact she slept most of the time. But the picture with the four kids, that baby is Logan Steve and Gena's little boy they were with us on the trip. You will also see some pictures with Caleb in them on some of the next few days. Sorry I should have cleared that up sooner. Em asked when she saw pics of them at the Hunt's house.
(Me Singing) Oh I wish I were in Yellowstone, AWAY AWAY!!!! In Yellowstone I'll take my stand to live and die in Yellowstone....Oh way Oh way Oh way up north in Yellowstone!!! (end singing) I'm with Mom....reunion at yellowstone. I'll bring my helmet!
FUN FUN FUN!! Please keep posting lots of pictures!:)
A family reunion would be perfect! Then I could have all of you over for a sleep over. Do you need my help in planning? We really enjoyed Tam's fam and Steve's fam. How did we ever get so lucky? By the way, I made Tammie sign a release that no pics of me could be published. I don't want to mess up the blog. Sherise was only around on the tail end of their trip, and you can see Lindsay playing ball in the back ground. She loved having so many people to play with.
cuz-Melissa
Post a Comment