Thursday, September 28, 2006

Our Vacation Day 5


No don't worry I didn't forget about day 4, we just didn't have any pictures. On day 4 Ry went to his convention all day and Mom stayed at the condo with the kids and did laundry and we beaded and played lots of games.

But on day 5 it was time to see some bears! So we went over to the Grizzly and Wolf Refuge in West Yellow stone. These are a couple of grizzly's fighting over some food.
They said it was probably because of the rain but the wolves were howling a lot that day. It was cool to see and hear.
Curt really like this "Great Big Comfey" Bear couch. He posed on it then tried to give it a hug. He found out the hard way that it was full of not very soft stuffing!
Here is all of us except Charly. It kind of reminded me of a picture not so very long ago.

This is the last time we were in Yellowstone September 2003. Time Flies!

Now it was time to feed the bears! The kids got badges to wear and they were ready to go!
Here they are in the bear cage with their buckets of food.


Don't worry the bears were not in there at the time. The children were told to hide the food so the birds couldn't get it and the bears could.

Once the kids were out they let the bears in and we got so see them find their food! Not something the kids will soon forget they thought it was great fun!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet! I want one of those couches in my living room! That would be great!

I wish my hubby got sent on "business trips" to Yellowstone! LUCKEE!!

You had me scared there for a milli-second when those kids went into the bear cage to feed the bears! I was just about thinking I might have to call CPS!;) What a fun time for those tikes! Can't wait to take my kiddies!

Love ya honey pots full!

Anonymous said...

Boy, oh bear! Sure glad Grandpa gets home tonight...he will love these pictures. His very best childhood memories are at Yellowstone harrassing the bears. It looks like they have it set up for fun AND safety these days. Good thing!! I love the pictures of Curt on the Big Bear couch. Oh, my grandkids are so cute!! Love you all

Ruckman Clan said...

I think the wildlife pictures are amazing. I think that since you are the yellowstone experts. We need to plan a trip together. My girls would love it.

Felisa said...

Looks like a blast. I think gma O should get a bear couch like that.

I'm with em about the bear cage. I was waiting for a pic further down the scroll to show a huge bear, on it's haunches, mouth gaping open and paws outstreched...ready to give one of your kids a hug, thankin them for the meal.

Love Ya Longer than a winter hybernation.