On the 6th day there was a dusting of snow in the park. It was beautiful!
We then drove to Mammoth Hot Springs. Some of the springs did not have water anymore but were still pretty cool to look at.
There were stairs and paths everywhere we went up lots of stairs to the top of one hill and then noticed a parking lot up there. Of course our truck was down below so we had to go back down the stairs. We would have wandered around longer but the wind was very cold! So we will just have to go back again soon! 
We headed for the warm visitor center. In the middle of town we saw this herd of elk chillin' on the grass!
Well that was our last day in the park on day 7 we came home. Of course we made a short stop at Hunt's on the way home! (Thanks again to the Hunt family we love you!) It was a great trip and we are looking forward to going again soon. It is sort of becoming a family tradition for us. 
Since Ry's first trip there was with Tam and his fam the summer they were engaged and he loves it! Tam has always enjoyed Yellowstone since she was a kid and has many fond memories. Now our children have enjoyed going for the second time and we all are looking forward to going back!(The picture is us at the Bar-J Ranch June 1995.)
P.S. Check back to see what Caleb found at the visitor center and more "Remembering Yellowstone" pictures.






3 comments:
I sure love the pictures. I really like the one of you and Ryan 11 years ago. The time sure flys by. I think it is great to have a family vacation that is starting to be a tradition. We would love to join you next time. Maybe I would not spent the whole time missing Ray like last time.
Love ya all
Tanya
Are those blasted Elk STILL there? They were on that same lawn when we went to Yellowstone on our Honeymoon. Lazy buggerz!
I have a friend who went scuba diving in one of those geysers at Mammoth once. It's a hillarious story. I'll have to tell ya sometime. You guys should've tried it. Would've warmed ya right up.
I love your Yellowstone Pix. It's such a pretty place. Lots of fond memories.
Love Ya Herds!
Feliz is hilarious! I would also like to hear the scuba diving story, when you get the chance!:)
You are Ry look so young in that picture! If you only could've known what life had in store for ya! I bet you'd do it again in a heart beat!:)
We want to make a family tradition out of Yellowstone too! We just need to go first??!! Bryan has never been...outrageous I know!!!
FUN FUN FUN!!
Post a Comment