Monday, November 13, 2006

Catching up!

Things have been pretty crazy around here and we haven't gotten too much blogging done. So I'm going to do a bit of a "catch up" post today. (We still take lots of pictures even though we aren't getting them posted;)

About a week ago Ryan was telling one of his sales reps what a awful garbage disposal we have. The salesman just happened to have a NICE new one that has just been discontinued. So he gave it to Ry. So here he is putting it in! It works much better not to mention it's quieter got to love that!

Here is Mis with one of her many creations. I think she called this abstract art and we all tried to imagine what we thought it looked like. What do you think?


Here is Matt with a pop-up book he has been working on. Can you tell it's of a castle with a knight by it? It's pretty cute!

I think this was the look Curt gave me when I told him to get his jammies on. Since I had the camera in my hand at the time I just had to take a picture. Even though he does a good job of tearing at the heart strings Mom does a pretty good job of being the bad guy. Because if he doesn't get enough sleep we all pay!;)

And speaking of heart strings! Golly! She is just so sweet! How did we ever get so blessed to have 4 sweet wonderful kids?


Again just sweet & wonderful!

OK now last week we noticed that even though we were covering the green tomatoes it was getting cold enough that some were still getting froze. So we picked them all and this is what we did with them. Ever hear of fried green tomatoes? In the picture above that is what we are doing.

Curt is getting his first taste he is a little leery but wants to try. He said he liked "the stuff on the outside but not in the middle" I was not a bit surprised by that;)

They actually were pretty tasty, tedious to make, but a good way to use up your green tomatoes. If you ever have a bunch you need to use let me know and I'll get you the recipe.

Speaking of recipes, here is a really good one we recently tried! It's very simple and oh so tasty!

Cauliflower Salad

one head cauliflower

1/2 head green cabbage

green onions

red and orange bell peppers

raisins

honey mustard dressing

(made with vegenaise, honey, and mustard- I also added a little curry seasoning and some paprika)

Just chop all the veggies up make up your dressing and combine it all in a big bowl! It's really good Ry even liked it and he is not a big cauliflower fan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for being able to take a peek into your lives and see the sweetness of the kids (love Curts face)and just enjoy life with you by way of pictures. We now have a camera, and hopefully, if I can get past the idea that I am hopelessly handicapped when if comes to any kind of technology, we might start putting something up on our blog. Anyway, keep blogging on your end. Those fried green tomatoes look mighty tasty, and I will have to try the salad. Christine W. will be so excited...she loves the oriental cabbage salad, and I bet she will like this equally well. Love to all

Emily said...

Very Very Cute! I would say Missy's art looks like some sort of a carousel horse with an umbrella on top! Eh...how's that?
I love Matts pop up book too...Mighty creative bunch ya got there! By the looks of those recipes I know where they get it! Those Nelsons are so amazing!:) YOU TOO TAM!;)

Love Ry's new do! And that baby gets cuter and cuter with every posting!

Love ya garden's full, Em

Felisa said...

I like those kind of blogs. Just pix from a day in the life.
Moof and I think that Missy's creation is a chinese dog holding an umbrella.
Matt's popup book ROCKS! And I TOTALLY understand you 100% about little 4yr old boys not wanting to go to bed, and being arnery as heck the next day if they dont get enuf sleep.
I made fried green tomatos a few times. First time was with Gma Robison back in the day. I love um! To bad our 3 tomato plants only produced about 10 tomatoes between them all. That's what we get for using pots.
And MOM...get using that cam. Life is to short to pretend like you have NOTHING to blog about. ;)

Love You All Bushels Full!